Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Picture Breakup after adding BT YouView recorder

Hi

i have watched freeview on my Samsung TV without issue for a long time. I recently ditched sky and missed being able to record. I added a hard drive to my TV but it was so inconsistent and when a friend offered me a BT YouView box - model DTR-T2100 - I thought this would sort that out  

Using the same aerial connection, I did the setup and it found some channels but not as many as the TV. The picture on some channels is ok (but I’ve not watched long enough given the following issue). On other channels such as Pick (that work perfectly well on the TV) they are very pixelated and unwatchable. I checked the cables were tight in and did a retune and it found even less (much less infact - about 13) channels. 

I put the cables back into the TV to see what the picture and channel count were like - no issues.

I’ve done another retune today and got 13 channels again all ITV , Channel 4/5 and E4 and the +1 variations. Unplugged cables, put back in TV and all loads of channels, no pixelated picture. 

anyone suggest anything further to try. I don’t really want to start moving my aerial around as it’s ok for the tv. 
Thanks. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Picture Breakup after adding BT YouView recorder

Hi @jaseyb257 the Youview Box has two tuners and therefore needs a stronger signal than say your TV which probably has one tuner. Do you have a signal booster to try?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi

i haven’t got one but will go buy one and see what this does. 

any recommendations?

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 6

Before you go and buy one. Can you check the signal strength in settings?

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Signal strength is about 96% and quality is about 55% across all the 13 found channels. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 6 of 6

I have not had to buy one so can't really recommend one. Perhaps another Forum member could? 

Stew

0 Ratings