cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robbo2
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Picture Stutters on Freeview and the additional channels unless I remove and reinsert the HDMI cable

Go to solution

We started off with a standard BT Youview Box & HD Sony TV.  No problems with this setup!

Then we upgraded our TV to a Sony Ultra HD TV but still had the standard BT Box, also presented no problems.

Then our upgraded BT UHD Youview box arrived and we attached it to the new Sony UHD TV, thats when we started having problems.

The picture stutters making viewing almost impossible.

If I remove HDMI cable from the tV and just reinsert it, the flutters stop.  Everything is fine.  Turn the TV & BT box off, then back on again and we have the same problem.  The cable seems a good fit and was the same cable used originally.  Doesn't matter what channel we are watching plus it also happens on recorded programs.  

Have tried inserting the HDMI cable into a different socket on TV, but no difference.

Any help would be appreciated

Rob

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Picture Stutters on Freeview and the additional channels unless I remove and reinsert the HDMI c

Go to solution

Have you made sure you have the latest Firmware on your TV and have you used the HDMI cable that came in the UHD box.

What exact model of Sony TV do you have?

0 Ratings
Robbo2
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

Re: Picture Stutters on Freeview and the additional channels unless I remove and reinsert the HDMI c

Go to solution

I appreciate your help

I have used the HDMI cable provided with the BT UHD box, no difference.

The Sony TV model KD-49X8305C tells me it's software is up to date

Using the Digital aerial cable routed through the BT box provides a picture which is fine.  So it is the signal which comes from the BT UHB box via the HDMI cable which is the problem.  

Rob

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

The only issue I can see is that it doesn't state it does 50FPS. Other than that it should work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
liamstears
Beginner
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Replying as I have a very similar issue

I also get this odd stuttering but it just comes on randomly, not after turning on but maybe 10mins into watching it will start stuttering but then other times it will be fine

Reconnecting the hdmi fixes it or turning the box off for a minute and turning back on also fixes

I think there must be some sort of handshake issue between the UHD box and the TV

Another fix is to put the youview box into 1080p mode and let the tv do the upscaling, no stuttering this way but I shouldnt have to do this

I also use a Sony android tv, the KD-55X8509C

op did you ever get this fixed?

0 Ratings
WantageWill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

I have the same issue. It does seem like a hdmi handshake issue. I have also tried everything to put it right, to no avail. resets, cables etc etc.

I think i'm going to put my non uhd box back into service as it's really annoying.

Best, Will

0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

I too am getting this very recently. Maybe it's time for BT/You View to start talking at length with Sony to resolve this. I've temporarily gone back to 1080p on the UHD box whilst not watching UHD. 

Could the Mods please start a conversation with the technical teams urgently to get a resolution sorted sooner rather than later? 

Contact would be welcomed too.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

@KernowChris wrote:

I too am getting this very recently. Maybe it's time for BT/You View to start talking at length with Sony to resolve this. I've temporarily gone back to 1080p on the UHD box whilst not watching UHD. 

Could the Mods please start a conversation with the technical teams urgently to get a resolution sorted sooner rather than later? 

Contact would be welcomed too.

Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry to read of the problems you guys are experiencing with our UHD YouView box.  I have highlighted this thread to our product team.  As soon as I get an update I will post back here.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I have spoke to our TV team and have some good news.  This issue is something that we are actively working on and hope to fix with an update.  I cannot confirm dates at the moment but as soon as I have more info to share I will do so right here on this thread.

We appreciate your patience while we work through this.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I realised that there are two issues very similar that we have seen reported on the forum.  One is stuttering picture when using HDMI on the multicast channels and then an issue which some of you here are discussing here, in that your picture stutters on both Freeview and the multicast channels.  The first issue is the one that I referred to in my last post, BT are working on this issue and hope to provide a fix in a future update. 

The second issue which appears to effect customers with a Sony TV’s is slightly different but this is something that YouView have been working on with Sony.  YouView have provided an update to say that Sony are rolling out an update that will address a number of stability issues including the one that you guys are reporting here.  This is being rolled out across all Sony UK TV’s and while this doesn't solve the problem completely, early results show a great improvement.  I believe the rollout of this updates started on Tuesday.

Hopefully you will see an improvement once you get the update.  Sorry about any confusion caused by me

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings