cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spacecowboy83
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Picture problem on some channels

Hi I am new to Youview got my box yesterday not sure if this is normal but sometimes when I go to a channel I get a black screen with just audio. If I go up or down a channel then back to the channel I was on it ok. This only seems to happen on freeview channels so am wondering could this be a signal problem.

Thank you in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
tullyhubbert
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Picture problem on some channels

BBC3 & BBC4 HD channels by any chance? A few of us seem to have a minor bug regarding that. Check out the second page of this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-box/Failed-recordings-on-BBC3-HD-and-BBC4-HD/td-p/1184192/page/2
0 Ratings
spacecowboy83
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yeah it does sound similar but mine as been has doing it on BBC 3 and 4 SD channels as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

I suggest a retune  ... several of the Freeview channels have been moving channels numbers and in some cases muxes the recent period  - plus others have changes from a prelaunch status to a live staus. A retune  should ensure that your box has the most upto date channels - if you still have the problem after retuning then report back. (Doesn't explain your BBC 3/4 SD issue though)

0 Ratings
spacecowboy83
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

This started happeing really from a first time install. I then decided to restore box. I was just flipping through the channels channel 035 QVC beauty and 042 Travel channel. Again the audio is there but the screen is black. It appears to always happen on these 2 channels and the one on BBC was just a one off.

It just appears to happen to the same bunch of channels. At the moment BBC channels appear ok.

0 Ratings
spacecowboy83
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Im still having problems today I have been having issues with other channels also.

0 Ratings