Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xninian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Picture stretched vertically

Go to solution

Was watching a recording (good picture) and suddenly picture stretched vertically.  Now everything (including live broadcasts) is stretched.  Using HDMI 1080p as have done since Humax box received.  Have reset the box following instructions and still problem exists, but so far have kept all recordings.

Noted that box received the latest software on the 18th (ie today and before i did the reset).
Noticed that scheduled recordings hav disappeared although all my saved recordings are there

Anyone else had this?  A good time of year to get the box go down!

Checked the obvious things so far, but obviously suggestions are welcome

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Picture stretched vertically

Go to solution

Hi xninian,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems. Can you try connecting using a scart cable and let us know if that helps?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
xninian
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Picture stretched vertically

Go to solution

David - Many thanks for your interest.
After a lot of checking I managed to retrieve everything yesterday.  I have absolutely no idea what was the initial cause.  With some discussion with my son part of whose job is to deal with problems like this it seems that seversl events happened at the same time - main indications were that all scheduled recordings were lost (before I did the V+ box reinstall, which I had to do twice) and also settings in the TV had changed.  Can only surmise that the HDMI connection must have been the carrier that transmitted the problem between the two.

As I have said I have still got no idea as to the root cause and anything else I could say would be pure speculation.

0 Ratings