cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankie2268
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Pixelated recordings that are unwatchable

Hi I have been away for the earlier part of this year and have only just gone to view some of my recorded shows. Some are absolutely fine and then others, namely MTV recordings, are so pixelated and intermittent that they are just unwatchable. Live tv seems absolutely fine and I’ve checked all the wires are properly connected. My recordings are so hit and miss as to whether they can be viewed or not and as I seldom watch live tv, I feel this subscription is a huge waste of money. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Pixelated recordings that are unwatchable

Hi @frankie2268 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. Sorry that some of your recordings are unwatchable. 
Have you tried to make a new recording on the MTV channel and see if that records ok or if it is also pixelated?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
frankie2268
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I’m now even more confused. I’ve just gone to mtv (351) to try and record something else and it says I need to set up MTV or add it to my package? I got the Entertainment package with BT last June and now it’s saying I need to buy a NOW TV pass in order to watch this channel despite being able to always watch and record MTV previously? What is going on?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

I think you are trying to access NowTV  MTV  on channel 351 . 

If you are on the old style TV (pre Now Tv) package you will have been accessing MTV  on channel 309 SD  or 371  HD .

frankie2268
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

309 works - thank you!

0 Ratings
frankie2268
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

The new MTV programme I recorded doesn’t seem to have any pixelation, so I would assume it was just a signal error at the time of my other recordings however to have 5 consecutive weekly episodes all with pixelation issues at different points throughout  seems too coincidental to be caused by a signal issue every single time? 

0 Ratings