cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Pixilated bbc channels

I have recently upgraded my youview box. My first box did not tune correctly my second box did not play bbc channels following advice i have been checked 4g interference and no problem identified. I now have a third box which worked fine for a month and now i have lost all bbc channels again. My ariel is fine all tv's in the house work. Youview box says signal strength 100 signal quality fluctuates between 20-60 on affected channels. Bt currently saying they will not replace the box so i am paying for something i can not use. Any suggestions how to fix this problem 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Pixilated bbc channels

@Billcath8 

Sounds like too much signal which will overload the input decoder.

Try a variable attenuator and reduce the signal level to about 80%

Variable AttenuatorVariable Attenuator

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thanks can I buy this online?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@Billcath8 wrote:

Thanks can I buy this online?

Yes.

If you search sites like Amazon, for LOOPS Aerial Coaxial Cable Variable Attenuator,  or Philex Variable TV Signal Attenuator

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

No need to drop it down so far as 80%, mid 90s should be perfectly fine. My units run at about 96% without any pixelation.

With the original list based software 80% was a sensible target but when the tile based software was issued the calculation of signal strength was revised - cannot understand why - which moved the target.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks I'll try this

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi Billcath, I had this exact same issue, with a bit of trial and error I realised it was being caused by having my aerial cable and hdmi in close proximity to each other, turned out I was using a cheap aerial cable without any shielding, or a cheap HDMI cable leaking RFI,I sorted this issue by keeping the 2 cables as far away from each other as I could, for a permanent solution I replaced the aerial cable for some RG6 cable and installed my own plugs onto it, it's been perfect since 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Great thank you

0 Ratings