Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GarryJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Placing online order for extra box subscription

Go to solution

I started to go through an online order for extra box, just to see what would happen and would i be charged for another box (which i do not need as i have 2), was given the option for a £49 box, a £99 one or subscription only, i went for the latter, do need new broadband extenders @ £20, then the £5 charge monthly for the extra service, all seemed to go through okay, got to the last page to confirm order, which is when i cancelled as i was just trying it out, was wondering if the above means the order would have gone through and would i have been asked to buy another box earlier in the order?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Message 2 of 5

Re: Placing online order for extra box subscription

Go to solution

Hi @GarryJ

Thanks for your post and welcome back!  I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Apologies for the confusion.  If you didn't complete the order then it doesn't sound like it went through.  Did it ask for an email address when going through the order online?

When an order is successfully placed we would send an order confirmation email so if you haven't received one we can safely say the order didn't go through.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, no, i cancelled the order myself, i was just trying to see, as i already have 2 BT boxes, 1 of which was not supplied by BT i must add, a "zapper" box, if an order would go through without being forced to buy another box that i do not need, i went through with everything, and the new broadband extenders, and got to the final page asking me to confirm order, it was at that point, i myself cancelled, so was wondering, does it look like the order would have gone through without the need to buy another box?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@GarryJ My understanding of the online order journey is that you wouldn't be forced to get another box if you didn't need one. If it wasn't listed in the order details it sounds like a box wasn't added.

If you need any help with placing an order use the contact the mods link to send over your details and we'll be happy to help. You'll see the link if you click my username. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
GarryJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply NeilO, yes it does look like i am not forced into buying another box through online ordering, will make my mind up on if i am going to go ahead with this over the next few days, thanks again for all your help with this matter. 

0 Ratings