Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 5

'Players & Apps could not be updated' message

Go to solution

According to the Yoview summary of the latest firmware running on my BT Youview box

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/bt-software-update-29-36-0

I should no longer be getting the 'Players & Apps could not be updated' message.  Except I am.  Would a moderator care to comment or pass it up the line?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: 'Players & Apps could not be updated' message

Go to solution

@gomezz - I had the same issue and tried lots of things unfortunately the only way I could fix it was to do a reset keep recordings, steps as below. This fixed it for me, unfortunately you need to run through the setup process again but it was the only way to fix it.

factory reset(you should be able to do this and keep your recordings, but you will need to set the schedule again)
To do this turn off the power to the box, then hold down the down arrow on the top of the box and turn the power back on.
Keep the down button held until you see "enter maintenance mode" message towards the bottom of the screen, then press the standby button on the box.
You should then be able to select the second option "Factory reset - keeping recordings".  Use the right arrow to select and confirm.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for that. Will pencil that in for next Thursday which is the day of the week I normally check and set timers for the week ahead.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Done it today and all is now fine.

Except one oddity. When resetting timers I selected Series record but it would only set a single timer. Delete it and do it again and this time it set a Series recording. But only on the Freeview HD channels (the internet channel timers seem to have been restored automatically by BT Central so did not need resetting).
0 Ratings
Jonboi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
I went through the above procedure and it worked fine, all recording are still there and apps & players are updated, can't see any other problems, thanks for the heads up.
0 Ratings