Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danfoster20
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Players not working HELP!!

Go to solution
Hi. BT player and none of the BBC or ITV or other players are working. The Netflix player works fine. When I go to open one of them it says ‘loading’ for a brief second and then clicks back to the main menu. I’ve reset my hub and reset my box. I’m really really trying to avoid a factory reset of my box as I have loads of recordings I want to keep. I have checked the software and all upto date. I have retuned channels just incase. None has worked. Please help...
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
BiggMatt187
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Players not working HELP!!

Go to solution

It will reset anyway after a while as they all do... like ours has just after xmas and 3 times before.... just do it and see if it helps.. if it doesnt then there is always the ombudsman.. got to ofcom.... not the other one.. its obviously bent

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Danfoster20 wlcome to the forum.

Can i clarify when you say you have reset your Youview box  what precisely you have tried  as there are many reset options .

if you have a look at

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6251537/top-tip-soft-reset-reboot-power-cycling-mai...

which of those options have you done thusfar.

Also which Youview box do you have Youview > Settings > Device information  will give the model number if you are unsure.

Also if on the Youview box  go Youview > Settings > Software Information  - what is the manufacture software value   and do the Last checked for players & apps sho a recent date.   (on that screen may be worth trying the Update players and apps option)_.

Also roughly what is your broadband speed ?

Are you using a VPN at all ?

Danfoster20
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Humax DTRT4000 Variant 87B08500 is the device information. Manufacturer software is: 29.36.0 and software update checks were last done today. The box reset that I did was turning it off at the plug. Waiting about a minute and then turning it on again.

Broadband speed is 50mbps ish and no VPN use.

Is there anything else I can do? Thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
Danfoster20
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Maintenance mode fixed it a treat!! Thank you!!!
0 Ratings