Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wigno6
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

Please help with error code IPC 6023

Go to solution
I ordered bt tv and it was activated on 22nd march but I am unable to receive any internet channels, I have had 3 engineers out who have all scratched their heads and have been unable to help. I am currently dealing with the connections team who have cancelled and restarted my subscription but to no avail. My internet is running at 52mps and the router is connected to the box via the Ethernet cable. I can access all of the subscription catch up tv and all of the tv players through the box and on my phone. Please someone help!!!!
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Please help with error code IPC 6023

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Have you tried unplugging the YouView box, then plugging it back in, so it restarts from the beginning?

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Wigno6 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. This is something we would need to look at so can you send in your details by clicking on the contact link within my profile and once of the team will be in touch as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
Wigno6
Beginner
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution
Yes it's all been unplugged and restarted numerous times. The connections team are now scratching their heads also. I am at a loss!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Wigno6

Please send your details to @OlgaC

Thanks

0 Ratings
Wigno6
Beginner
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
I have done thank you @Keith_Beddoe
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Wigno6 Thanks for taking my call earlier and sorry to hear that your parents are having the same error. Please drop me in their details and I'll get a fault raised for them also. I've enabled the link for you under my profile. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Wigno6 Sorry this has not been fixed yet for you. I am chasing an update and will be in touch as soon I have some information for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Hi to all on this thread. IPC6023 dialog message (Blank Screen then IPC6023 after a few seconds) means you aren't recieving multicast/internet channels (stating the obvious).....If it's IPC6023 on all channel including 399 (test channel) and you've only recently signed up, i'd put money on this being a config issue. The way forward should be a fault raised into BT Consumer and passed to Openreach for a multicast config check. I'm more than happy to take this on and get resolved. Please privately post your telephone number or account number to me and i'll own to resolution. Note:- IPC6023 dialog isn't always this problem -= please make sure your home setup has been thoroughly checked. For example - You may be using a switch, placed between your router and set top box. This 3rd party switch may not be able to support IGMP, therefore, no multicast. Make sure you are setup using direct ethernet cable between router and box

0 Ratings
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Jay_Nix

I'm also getting the same error, however I'm not a new BT TV customer. I recently had my faulty HH3 replaced with a Smart Hub, at first everything including all TV channels worked fine, but the past couple of days Extra channels have stopped working.
My fault has just been escalated to the Technical Management Center and I'm expecting a call from then within 24hrs.

However, I notice you mentioned the 399 test channel which IS actually working for me, but all other subscription channels do not. I have the TV Box connected directly to the Smart Hub via Ethernet.
Is there anything I can try in the mean time (we have already tried a Factory Reset of Smart Hub AND Youview Box) or is it best to just wait for the call?

0 Ratings