Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryme_Intrinseca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 44

Poor quality HD image

Go to solution

We've just cancelled our BT TV package as the equipment is dire in both terms of picture quality and product reliability.

Issues, such as intermittent crashing box, motion blurr, digital artefacts, poor frame rates and generally just dreadfully substandard performance.

My former Technisat Freesat satellite reciever gave us perfect performance until the trees in the wood behind us blocked the signal totally. Else I would never have parted with it.

We will carry on with the Netflix account and revert to running that stream through my Sony Playstation as the picture is much clearer through that as is BBC iPlayer.

All in all a great disappointment.

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 44

Re: Poor quality HD image

Go to solution

Sounds like an issue with your box and setup.

Did you not try contacting BT to get the issues fixed?

0 Ratings
Ryme_Intrinseca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 44

Go to solution

There is no technical fault, except for the crashing of the reciever.

The remainder of the 'performance' is purely down to poor quality design. The digital aliasing resulting in artefacts etc and together with subtle motion blur are a give away.

Its been sent back this afternoon and the contract cancelled.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 4 of 44

Go to solution

I got two boxes and know of colleagues and family with them too who have had no issues.

So it looks like it was a faulty box, you have to remeber that sometimes equipment will develop faults.

0 Ratings
Ryme_Intrinseca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 44

Go to solution

I made it clear that the reciever is poor quality.

There is no fault with it per se, except poor design.

Much of the limitations with digital signal processing are made worse through this particular design. The motion blur and various other processing artefacts make the image intolerable to watch on this device.

My background is in broadcast and maybe I can see things the standard viewer 'can't see'. This is my shortcoming and not anyone else.

I have high expectations and will be continually disappointed unless the equipment is up to the job, so to speak.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 6 of 44

Go to solution

This is a user forum for help, everyone is here to help. Why even bother posting if you are not going to take any help or advice?

It is clear there is a fault with your box and setup, as even the experts have rated the Youview box as a quality box and on par with other providers with regards to HD.

0 Ratings
Ryme_Intrinseca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 44

Go to solution

What is the criterion for being an expert?

0 Ratings
Ryme_Intrinseca
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 44

Go to solution

PS

I'm trying to help others who may be considering this reciever and who, like me, may be disappointed in the performance and to consider another system product thus helping them saving time and potentially expense.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 9 of 44

Go to solution
Your box is clearly faulty and there is an issue with your setup. As the box when not faulty is perfect which is also backed up by the reviews from the experts and the industry.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 10 of 44

Go to solution

People don't check here they will check review sites and industry magazines which all state how good the box is. As I said before your box clearly had a fault. Your box is faulty and there is a problem with your setup. We could have helped you resolve it on this forum

0 Ratings