cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alpool
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Poor quality picture

Just moved from sky to bt tv can't believe how poor the picture quality is so called uhd isn't as good as sky's hd and hd channels aren't as good as sky's sd pointless having a 4 k tv be glad when my years up Pretty Pathetic
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Poor quality picture

Must be a problem with your setup. UHD is far superior to sky HD. Check settings on TV and box
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 22

Totally agree with jam2000. I have both Sky Q and BTTV and the uhd on BT is superior to sky's uhd picture, also the hd channels are at the very least on a par and in my opinion better (of course live sports are also reliant on the country's feed so hard to judge at times but the PL is excellent quality).

There are lots of conversations about like for like but most of them always agree they are close, from what you say there must be an issue with your setup.

0 Ratings
alpool
Beginner
Message 4 of 22

Tried lots of different settings on TV and on bt box. Reset box no better
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 5 of 22

What channel are you watching the sport on the Youview box? Have you tried other hdmi ports? Also check settings on Youview box
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 22

What tv do you have. Looking at the forest green match now is superb. F1 on sky q has always left me flat in comparison. Did you have uhd on sky or gave you never actually watched uhd from a stb.

0 Ratings
alpool
Beginner
Message 7 of 22

433 changed TV port tried gold hdmi cable box saying signals excellent on Samsung 4K tv
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 22

What model Samsung, what hdmi port and what are the info settings that cone up on the Samsung tv when watching 433. What output are you on in the uhd stb settings

0 Ratings
alpool
Beginner
Message 9 of 22

Yeah had sky q cancelled because of price but got about 10 days of bt before it ran out and sky hd channels were much better
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 22

You have something setup wrong then because I have both and watching them now BTs 50fps picture is superior to Skye's uhd picture. Can you answer the other questions and we can see if we can find the problem.

0 Ratings