Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Murviman
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Poor sound from YouView box

Go to solution
Having read through others experience I am aware mine is not an uncommon problem. The problem has become an issue fairly recently showing itself as if spooling the sound. It normally takes a while to develop and then becomes more and more prevalent until a real pain and too intrusive to continue. I have switched the box off and given it an opportunity to restart cleanly but was unsuccessful. Picture is fine and broadband speed is excellent. Am I right in thinking a replacement box is the way forward or are there options I’ve missed? Any guidance gratefully received.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor sound from YouView box

Go to solution

Hi @Murviman sorry you are experiencing a problem with the sound on your BTTV service.

Have you checked that your software is updated to the latest version on the box. Also a reset of your box may resolve the issue check out How do I reset my BT TV box? for information on how to do this.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Murviman
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your input, John.

I had already reset the box and checked for latest software, with no change. My delay in responding is due to the problem mysteriously disappearing and my wanting to see if it came back after a short while. To date all is good. Why is a mystery.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Murviman Thanks for the update and should the problem happen again drop back and let us know.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings