cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICTUser77
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Possible to move from Sky to BT TV without any differences to Freeview?

Hi,

Our household currently contains multiple TV's, about 3 or 4 that get used on a regular basis. 

The main aerial currently plugs into the back of our Sky HD box, which enables Freeview to be tuned in and used on all the TV's so anyone can watch it without having to use Sky.

May be a daft question. but we were previously burned by Sky Q, which didn't have an aerial point in the back meaning we couldn't access Freeview with it (which I suppose is one of the main points of Q's service) and why we still have an HD box, but if we were to consider replacing this with BT TV and and a BT box, would we still be able to access Freeview the same way or would this be affected? It's a big consideration as if everyone couldn't use TV as an when they wanted to, it would be useless.

Apologies again if the question is daft, but would really appreciate the advice before making any switching decisions. 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
nostra999
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Possible to move from Sky to BT TV without any differences to Freeview?

Hey,

Sky HD and Q is fed by a satellite dish not freeview (but you will get free tv channels). BT TV is fed by a terrestrial tv aerial eg the one on your roof or in your loft if you have one.

I am also not aware of any way to connect a terrestrial tv aerial to a sky hd box and share it to others so I'm not sure what that setup is unless I have read that wrong and you have an aerial connection near your sky box but not connecting to it?

BT TV cannot work from a satellite connection.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
SaltedCaramel
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Possible to move from Sky to BT TV without any differences to Freeview?

On your current Sky box there is an RF pass through (that doesn’t exist on Sky Q) that I assume then gets distributed around your home.

The BT box has exactly the same RF pass through so you simply plug the Aerial in to your BT box and then have the coaxial coming out of your BT box which then goes off to your other TVs.

0 Ratings