Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrJim
Beginner
Message 11 of 12

Re: Powerline adapters

Go to solution

I think I may have just found the solution to my long term problem.  I have had two Powerline adapters for about 2 or 3 months and at the start they seemed to be OK but several weeks ago the data lights started going out, sometimes running red but usually off.  I tried resetting them and rebooting the BT Vision box. All this gave at best very temporary resolution and the problem returned within a few seconds or minutes.

I tried to get a solution by posting a query on the BTVision Forum but made no real progress.  Now I read that having the two adapters on different ring mains, as I do, could be a significant contributor to this problem.  Will others please confirm if this is always the case or if there are any situations wher it is only a variable fault (or not a afauly at all).

Thank you

DrJim

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 12

Re: Powerline adapters

Go to solution

@DrJim wrote:

I think I may have just found the solution to my long term problem.  I have had two Powerline adapters for about 2 or 3 months and at the start they seemed to be OK but several weeks ago the data lights started going out, sometimes running red but usually off.  I tried resetting them and rebooting the BT Vision box. All this gave at best very temporary resolution and the problem returned within a few seconds or minutes.

I tried to get a solution by posting a query on the BTVision Forum but made no real progress.  Now I read that having the two adapters on different ring mains, as I do, could be a significant contributor to this problem.  Will others please confirm if this is always the case or if there are any situations wher it is only a variable fault (or not a afauly at all).

Thank you

DrJim

It will most certainly be the cause of your problem.  Not a fault, it's just electronics.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Tags (1)