Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danathan
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Powerline adaptors.

Go to solution

I have two YouView boxes which need addressing by the hub. All three devices are in separate rooms. I have a pair of powerline adaptors. Now, can I use (do I NEED)  an extra pair of these things, or will the one presently attached to the hub be able to transmit to two ‘receivers’? In other words, do I need three or four of these things?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Powerline adaptors.

Go to solution

@Danathan 

You just need one more adapter of the same type, which you then pair with the existing one which is connected to the home hub.

You must not connect another pair directly to the home hub, otherwise you will cause the home hub to lockup.

0 Ratings
Danathan
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for swift response. At the risk of again sounding dense, these things are the same, yes? There’s not a ‘sender’ and a ‘receiver’. And in your experience, will BT provide one alone?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you are referring to the BT Mini Connectors, then there is no sender and receiver as such, they all communicate between each other.

Did BT provide the two that you already have?

0 Ratings
Danathan
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Yes, they did.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Danathan wrote:
Yes, they did.

Then you should be able to add another one, if you can get hold of a single unit. If not you would have to buy a pair, and keep one as a spare, or use it to provide an Ethernet connection to another room in the house.