cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tankmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Pre bought YouView box

I am disapointed about the misleading informaiton presented on the TV screen of my YouView box. 

I got a YouView box from PC World when they first came out, i did not have BT at the time. I recently got BT and when i re-connected my box i begun to see the BT Vision service! I was really interested in getting BT Vision and when i clicked on the service i got a welcome page instructing me about the Free 30 day trial, and the £10 a month service - subscription free. 

So i went online as the instructions on the screen told me but i could not find any information about this free trail or the £10 a month service. After over a hour of trying to find more info and getting intouch with customer sercive from which i was passed to four different people who had no idea about the £10 service which it clearly says on my screen, i was told i woul have to buy a new box or pay £5 a month for just the on demand... which i allready recieve free from YouView and take out a 12 month contract. 

I find this is totaly false advertising and disapointing that i am a willing to pay for the one off on demand services and was even intersted in a subscription. Why does it instruct me about a subscrioption free service thats £10 when it is actually £12.50 in a 12 month contract. 

I feel i am being penalised for buying my box outright and that BT are loosing custom and many people like myself may have a box before i switch. 

Has anyone else experianced this?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Pre bought YouView box

@tankmc wrote:

I am disapointed about the misleading informaiton presented on the TV screen of my YouView box. 

I got a YouView box from PC World when they first came out, i did not have BT at the time. I recently got BT and when i re-connected my box i begun to see the BT Vision service! I was really interested in getting BT Vision and when i clicked on the service i got a welcome page instructing me about the Free 30 day trial, and the £10 a month service - subscription free. 

So i went online as the instructions on the screen told me but i could not find any information about this free trail or the £10 a month service. After over a hour of trying to find more info and getting intouch with customer sercive from which i was passed to four different people who had no idea about the £10 service which it clearly says on my screen, i was told i woul have to buy a new box or pay £5 a month for just the on demand... which i allready recieve free from YouView and take out a 12 month contract. 

I find this is totaly false advertising and disapointing that i am a willing to pay for the one off on demand services and was even intersted in a subscription. Why does it instruct me about a subscrioption free service thats £10 when it is actually £12.50 in a 12 month contract. 

I feel i am being penalised for buying my box outright and that BT are loosing custom and many people like myself may have a box before i switch. 

Has anyone else experianced this?

The advisor merely made a mistake. As someone with their own YouView box you sign up via this link:

http://bt.com/player

where, as you'll see, the unlimited plan costs £10pm and the pay-as-you-go plan costs nothing per month and then you pay-as-you-go.

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 17

Have I experienced this? Quite frankly no.

I signed my shop-bought box up via http://www.bt.com/player

Can now watch on-demand films and they are charged to my bill without any monthly rental for the box.

Can't remember where I got the link from - I had thought it was shown somewhere after selecting the BT icon which appeared on the Youview menu after I moved my ISP to BT.

tankmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 17

Thank you both for your replys. This is the page i was on before and when i put my details in the oinly options i have are the pay options! Am i missing something? 

I took a screenshot to show what i see. 

BT.JPG

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
tankmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

i should also add that when i click continue there is no option to say i allready have a box, also where is the free trail? 

Thanks for you help in advance 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 17

The order page you seem to have arrived at is one for the Bt Vision + product not the Bt Youview  product.

tankmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

MMM i didnt select that. I just cliked the "get your FREE trail now" button and put my number and postcode in. Very odd 😐 

0 Ratings
tankmc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

I just spoke to someone from BT onloine and they once again told me that i can not use YouView unless i order a box. This is completely ridiculous. 😞

0 Ratings
D-ave
Expert
Message 9 of 17

You may have to sign up for a package and set up payments etc., presumably you will then have a month of viewing before they take the first payment and can cancel during that period.

Must admit though, I went partially through their ordering process and it's as clear as mud. Terrible in fact, there is no mention of the special offer after the first page and that is a nonsense, their system looks either poor or broken to me. I assume you've seen this page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40469 as it mentions the free trial at the bottom.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 10 of 17

I went to that link last night and the £10 a month and 30 day free trial is not listed. I just seen what was posted above. So how do you sign the box up at http://www.bt.com/player as I dont see the £10 a month offer listed.

No way I want a second YouView box the now. I just want BT Vision player added to the YouView box I bought at the start of November last year.

My Infinty option 2/evening and weekend call package is up for renewal at the end of May but I dont need a YouView box from BT as I already bought one as I have said.

Darren

0 Ratings