cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Pro box bluetooth

Go to solution

I have a Pro box connected to my main tv, both in the lounge.

I have now added a second smart tv in the adjacent room with HDMI connected via splitter from from the Pro box.  I don't want to watch or control both TVs simultaneously, so multiroom seems unnecessary. 

I have paired a second remote to the tv but the remote bluetooth signal will not activate the Pro box through the wall so I need some help to overcome this.

Can I get a bluetooth receiver/adaptor for the second room and then hardwire through the wall to the Pro box USB port?

Is there any way to increase the bluetooth range (its only a couple of metres but the wall is the problem because if I use the remote holding it through the doorway, it works fine)?

Does anyone know the Bluetooth standard used?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Pro box bluetooth

Go to solution
The Pro box still accepts IR commands too, so you could get an IR remote and an IR sender.
I'm not aware of any options to extend the Bluetooth range.
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

You don't need the box in the second room, just setup the apps on the smart TV (e.g. the Now TV app) and you can watch whatever you're subscribed to through them

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply.  I did use this on the previous TV box using a Triax Tri-link and that worked well for what I needed.  Will that kit suit the Pro box?  If I go this route, do I need an HDMI as the present HCMI link is not yet permanent.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply.  I am new to this forum so I apologise if I've offended anyone.

I maybe didnt explain it well, but I would like to be able to access the BT guide and my recordings from the primary tv.  Will this be possible via NOW tv ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

I don't know about the Triax, from what I've seen online I have my doubts but, depending upon the construction of the dividing wall, there are some A/V wireless senders which also relay remote control commands available on Amazon for around £100.  

Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

No apologies necessary, I'm sure you haven't offended anyone.

The Pro Box doesn't transmit anything on RF, the socket is a simple pass through of the aerial. So the Triax won't work.

I'm surprised bluetooth won't work from next door. I tested mine as far apart as it's possible to get in in a three bed semi & it worked fine.

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Many thanks.

My remote doesnt seem to work, even with new batteries.  Would mains cabling in the area of the receiver box be likely to affect it, do you think?  Otherwise its only a single skin brick wall but there is a steel lintel at about 2m from the floor.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I wouldn't have thought a lintel at the top of the wall would make a difference. My test was from an upstairs bedroom to diagonally opposite downstairs. So at the very least the signal was going through one brick wall as well as the wooden floor & joists.

One thing that's not clear from your original post, you say you paired a second remote to the new TV. If you have bought a second BT remote for the Pro Box that may explain it, as you can't have more than one BT remote paired. The second remote would then be operating in IR mode, which explains why it only works from the doorway, presumably with line of sight to the box.

If this is the case then simply swapping the remotes should do the trick. The original should work through the wall by BT & the second would work in the room by IR.

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks again rbz5416.  I will try that later and let you know.

0 Ratings