Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete33
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problem accessing iPlayer etc with Youview box

Go to solution

Hi there,

We recently donated our Youview box to a friend whose contract (with EE) had expired & so the box they provided no longer allowed her to record free view on her TV. She is not a BT customer (her phone / broadband contract is still with EE) & simply wants to be able to record programmes occasionally again. Having connected the box to her TV for her ( together with connecting the Ethernet cables she’d previously used) all seemed well until I tried to connect to iPlayer, All4 etc via the Apps accessed via the Youview button on the remote. The problem seems to apply generally to any streaming channel as it fails to connect despite the ‘Ethernet cable connected ‘ message coming up on screen initially. I’m not sure if the issue is one of incompatibility, but surely as the box was originally purchased as a standalone device, then it should work with kit from various providers? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
NigelB72
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem accessing iPlayer etc with Youview box

Go to solution

The Youview box should work as a retail Youview box as it would with any ISP. If it's not working, it's more than likely a set-up. My suggestion would be to try a factory reset so it returns to the stock settings and see if it sync's after the reset

0 Ratings
Pete33
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Many thanks. Will give it a try & let you know if it sorts the issue out.
Pete33
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Brilliant, it’s worked! Suffice to say, our friend is over the moon. Many thanks again.
0 Ratings