carterag
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Problem viewing BT TV Online

Go to solution

Hi all,

I try and view BT TV online and get the error message below:

BT TV isn't available on this account

You do not currently have a subscription to this BTTV service. If you have recently placed an order for a BTTV service, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online / via APP soon. If you haven’t ordered this BTTV service yet, please see our latest offers at bt.com or call our sales team

I have had BT TV for at least two years but have not tried online before.  I have BT Sports and I also have BT TV Entertainment subscription that was Essential Extra as well as the kid's bolt on.  I called the support line and they told me I need to upgrade to £16 a month to watch online, I already pay £9.45 plus £3.00 for the kids package.  I can watch BT Sports online if I go to btsport.com but not via the TV Guide and then watch live, I get the same error.

So the short question is should I be able to watch TV online, an extra £6.55 just to watch online seems a little steep as they didn't seem too sure if it added anything else, I would also be locked in to another 12 months subscription

thanks

Alan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem viewing BT TV Online

Go to solution

@carterag wrote:

Hi all,

I try and view BT TV online and get the error message below:

BT TV isn't available on this account

You do not currently have a subscription to this BTTV service. If you have recently placed an order for a BTTV service, please bear with us as we update our records, you will be able to watch online / via APP soon. If you haven’t ordered this BTTV service yet, please see our latest offers at bt.com or call our sales team

I have had BT TV for at least two years but have not tried online before.  I have BT Sports and I also have BT TV Entertainment subscription that was Essential Extra as well as the kid's bolt on.  I called the support line and they told me I need to upgrade to £16 a month to watch online, I already pay £9.45 plus £3.00 for the kids package.  I can watch BT Sports online if I go to btsport.com but not via the TV Guide and then watch live, I get the same error.

So the short question is should I be able to watch TV online, an extra £6.55 just to watch online seems a little steep as they didn't seem too sure if it added anything else, I would also be locked in to another 12 months subscription

thanks

Alan

Are you on one of their 'legacy' packages?

Looking at https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/tv-packages

and: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50691/~/about-the-bt-tv-app-and-online-player-and-how...

shows the BT TV App only available with Entertainment Plus and Total Entertainment.

If you change to one of these I suspect that would probably start a new 12 month TV contract but I haven't looked at the T&Cs so you would have to check this.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

BT TV Everywhere was first introduced with the Extra box service and has subsequently been included with some of the more comprehensive TV packages. Essential Extra or Entertainment as it became known never had it (unless you took the extra box addition).  So to get it you would need to change to one of the packages that include it. Some of those packages would include the Kids channels and HD within the subscription so you would not pay the bolt on charge.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/348/a_id/52653/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDYxMDk1ODIwL3NpZ...

carterag
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

thanks both, it does appear I am on a legcay package, from the channels I am getting I have the equivalent of Entertainment Max without the on-line viewing.  So I could change to the new package and pay £2.55 and get on-line as I wouldn't pay the £3 kids package, not over £6 that the support team told me.  I don't think I will bother anyway, I only tried it because I was bored at work!

Alan

0 Ratings