cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 11

Problem with BT Sport schedules tonight

Tonight the Youview guide  does not currently  have the ladies Tennis final  scheduled - thertefore I cannot set my Youview box to record it - given that the official twitter site was advertising the match - see image over 4 hours ago why has the BT TV schediules for Youview and the Sport App not been updated.

BT Sport schedule.JPG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
KernowChris
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problem with BT Sport schedules tonight

My YV box has it EPG'd now.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 11

And the programme didn't start until 21.30, not 21.00 as advertised!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

A prime example of why manual fixed time recordings are needed despite what Youview and BT claim.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 11

Well I was eventually able to schedule the recording -

so I had set up

recording BT Sport//ESPN HD to record two programmes whivh were in the Youview EPG as

Live WTA Monterrey Final  - 9pm to 11pm

MLB;s Best - 11pm to midnight

What I got was

Live WTA Monterrey Final  - 9pm to 11pm - 2 hours of recording consistent with the original

EPG listing at the time I set the recording. In reality the actual  Monterrey feed started at 9:24 due I suspect to the ladies doubles final going to a deciding set. So this recording stopped during the third game of the third set,

MLB;s Best - 11pm to 11:10pm - this continued the match from the first recording from in  the third game to partway thru the fifth game.

Looking at the backwards EPG today  the guide says

Live WTA Monterrey Final  - 9pm to midnight

(MLB;s Best - no longer appears listed)

So to conclude the process of providing accurate recordings and mananging the EPG and program data is clearly flawed.

Net result I fail to get a complete recording despite following the best advice of scheduling the following program.

0 Ratings
treetender
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Do you have a solution?

Had exactly the same problem last night (08/05/2017) with the Bouchard v Sharapova match. Had the entire day series linked plus following programs up to midnight but the 9pm "episode" terminated after 11 minutes, meaning I missed most of the final set and most of the matches that followed.

The problem only arises when BT change the EPG whilst the program is being broadcast.  This used to be an issue with Eurosport. They stopped messing with the EPG but now BT have started doing it.  

It is very difficuly to get through to anybody at BT who will take this issue on.  They haven't responded to my online emails and the chatline just give the stock response: reboot from on/off switch; or manufacturer reset (which in my case means losing hours of unwatched series); or paying for an engineer visit (to do a manufacturer reset!!!).

I am getting very frustrated and looking into alternative online services.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 11

@treetender 

Spoiler
As you have experienced there are still situations whereby it seems impossible for recordings to be made even when the viewer schedules series recording or individually sets following scheduled recordings.
As you identify it appears that attempts are being made to change the EPG to reflect actually programming but these are unfortunately  appearing to compound the problem.
I share your frustration at the apparent lack of ownership of the problem.

0 Ratings
treetender
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I am currently trialling the Eurosport Player app, cast from my android phone to my tv via a (£30) chromecast dongle (available at Currys).  The picture quality is quite watchable and they cover more courts via extra channels. There is no record facility but they do have an extensive video library and I think? streams can be watched up to 3 hours after broadcast. I believe they cover Roland Garros so will see how it goes. Subscription is on a monthly (and you don't have to subscribe every month) or annual basis.  There is also Tennis TV (also supports chromecast) which streams most ATP tournaments and an upcoming WTA equivalent, if there are no rights issues.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

The three hour time slip you can do on Eurosport Player is something which BT Sport is sorely lacking. BBC Sport app also lets you timeslip. It greatly adds to the functionality of being able to follow a live sports session when you cannot commit to the exact times the session is happening. For example, I was able to follow the F1 free practise sesssions today from BBC radio finishing up 45 minutes behind FP1 and 30 minutes behind FP2.

0 Ratings
treetender
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Am currently attempting to address this EPG problem through the formal BT complaints procedure.  I will persist until either somebody at BT takes it on or I move to a different provider. I guess it might help if others also complained. Personally, I think the BT tennis presentation is excellent, all credit to the presenters / commentators. It is just the delivery that is letting BT down.

I notice some messages get a response from BT staff.  How does one make this happen? 

0 Ratings