cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Problem with MyTV “Watched” after latest update.

Morning,

My box updated to the latest version (32.53.0/3.7.76) during the week. I noticed this morning that after you’ve watched something in MyTV it doesn’t say “Watched” as it did in the past. This could lead to wrong episodes being deleted. Is that intentional or a bug?

Mick

PS/ May I also add there’s STILL no 24hour clock on the main page - come on BT this is the UK!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problem with MyTV “Watched” after latest update.

Right, further to this. If I remember correctly when you watched a recorded program in MyTV and you went back to MyTV it immediately showed “watched”. It doesn’t seem to do that now, not straight away anyway. If you come out of MyTV and go back in it is flagged. So I can only conclude that the sequence has changed, there’s a delay before the message is shown or I’m imagining it.

Presume this to be closed unless I come back with more information.👍🏼
0 Ratings
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Also, now when you go to delete a “watched” program you get the [Delete] & [Back] buttons whereas previously it deleted as soon as you hit delete on the remote without the choice. This isn’t a major issue for me but it just illustrates that changes have been made to MyTV and I haven’t seen anything explaining the changes just the stuff about the new display. I would welcome confirmation of all the changes I have hi-lighted.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 4 of 11

The MyTV tiles are no longer active in the new menu system. When you watch part of a programme, it does not show 'Continue watching' on returning, and when you have seen a programme completely it does nt say 'Watched'. Also new programmes do not show up.

You have to leave the menus and come back in for things to be updated. It is better always to press Enter on the MyTV tile on the left and do everything in the 'old' fullscreen interface.

So this is not an improved menu system as things are worse on the new system as well as being sluggish on the T2100 box.

Richard

0 Ratings
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for replying Richard.

@barnpiecewrote:

You have to leave the menus and come back in for things to be updated.

So this is not an improved menu system as things are worse on the new system as well as being sluggish on the T2100 box.

Richard

As I reported above with the menu updating when you come out then go back in again

I’m not accepting any of this as part of the update, the new things don’t make sense, they’re bugs. Surely we’re not the only two who’ve noticed it?

0 Ratings
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I’ve now decided this is a ‘refresh’ issue, in other words it has to be manually refreshed by going out of MyTV then back in which isn’t right. If you don’t manually refresh you get out of date information.

Its been over a month and no resolution or response from a BT tech.

Poor service IMHO.

0 Ratings
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Well, no comment from officialdom, FWIW - it’s still the same, no refresh. I have a suggestion, if you can’t fix the refresh to what it was give us a button on the remote to refresh.

This is a bad show by BT for something so easy to fix.

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

TBH the fact there's been so little movement on this tells me it's maybe a pretty isolated issue, I certainly do not experience what you are reporting & I'm sure there'd be lots of other posts as well if others were seeing the same issue

Also, on this point "Also, now when you go to delete a “watched” program you get the [Delete] & [Back] buttons whereas previously it deleted as soon as you hit delete on the remote without the choice." - it sounds like confirm delete is on in the settings you should be able to change that in the settings if you wish

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

@garybs29  the refresh issue  that @mixstar  points out is one that Youview  accepted   on 17th May as an issue they were looking o to address in a future software  delivery

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19009964#Comment_19009964

Would be good to have an update from BT TV/Youview  as we are now 2 months on as to when it will be addressed.

It is a problem with a work around (ie do a refresh)  but really we should expect accurate current information .

0 Ratings
mixstar
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Gary, I understand what you’re saying and I don’t disagree but . . .

I’ve worked on a support site for over twelve years and your fairly stock answer has been used by myself in the past. The only difference with me is I can investigate or chat with my fellow support team members, view php and xhtml code, sort out email issues and FTP problems etc. and generally get to the bottom of the issue. Here I can’t do that and I have to rely on the support here like my users do and just because no-one is experiencing the same issue (there are others) doesn’t mean it’s not there. This has been going on for a while now and all I needed was confirmation that the problem(s) exists and it is being looked into.

Thank you Zulu for your input it’s appreciated.

0 Ratings