cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Problem with SD channels

I have a bt youview T4000 box linked up to a Samsung Au7100 Tv. I’m having problems with a lot of the SD channels, BBC 1,2,4, Dave etc.. where I get pixelated interference. The HD channels all work fine with no problems. I’ve tried retuning the channels with no improvement and also tried to run a system update on the box but again no improvement. Please can you suggest how I can resolve this issue.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with SD channels

@timo1081 

Let us know the signal quality & strength on the affected channels & also on the HD ones that work OK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

HD signal strength is 91% & Signal quality is 59%
SD signal strength is 94% & Signal quality is 79%

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@timo1081 

Interesting figures.

So the SD channels with a higher signal strength and higher quality suffer the most.

The tuners on these boxes do suffer from a high signal strength figure which overloads them and cause pixelation.

Now it could be that is what is happening here for which the solution is to plug into the aerial input socket of the Youview box variable attenuator and slowly increase it's "resistance" until the strength figure drops below 90%. For less than £5 it's worth a shot.

My boxes are quite early ones and are fine around 94% strength & 100% quality but I think newer ones might need a lower figure.

Searching for Philex Variable TV Signal Attenuator on amazon would show you what you need.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

It may well be worth checking your aerial as well. A signal quality of 100% should be the figure to aim for before looking at signal strength.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Hunter2660 

Trouble is that too high a strength figure can hit the quality figures so cheapest option first.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Worth checking whether  your aerial  cable is experiencing interference  from other cables  or other devices that are in close proximity.   Eg move them further  apart if possible  and temporarily  turn off devices to see if the quality  improves.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I forgot to say at the start that this is a new tv and I’ve had the by box working fine with a previous tv so think it’s a problem between the btbox and the tv rather than the aerial signal

0 Ratings