cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarrp
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Problem with YouView DTR-T1000

My YouView box was displaying a purple screen.  I seemed to fix this problem by restarting the box by holding down the power button for 8 seconds, and now the Humax screen appears in correct colours but then disappears with the box saying it is tuned to a channel but the TV saying there is no signal.

I have tried to reset the box by putting it into maintenance mode (by holding down the volume key for 5 seconds) and Maintenance appears on the front panel, but the menu doesn't appear and the TV says there is no signal.

Is there any other way to reset the box or any other ideas how this problem can be fixed?

Phil Tarr

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem with YouView DTR-T1000

Are you able to connect to the TV via a Scart cable if you're using HDMI or HDMI cable if you're using Scart?

0 Ratings
tarrp
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Tim,

Didn't think of trying SCART. When I did, it seemed to work OK, but I thought I would then go to Maintenance Mode and do a reset. Tried the software reset, but HDMI still didn't work. Then tried the hard reset without losing recordings. It is now stuck on a screen called "Let's get started" which has a button labelled "Start set up", but when I press OK on the remote it doesn't do anything.

Anyway can't do anything else for the next couple of days. Have to drive to Wales to bring my 100 year old mother back for Christmas.

Will try again on Monday.
0 Ratings
tarrp
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

It was working OK over Scart, but since trying to reset it to get HDMI working again, it now always presents the set up screen that doesn't allow me to proceed and when I view this screen through HDMI it is purple (this was the original problem), so my guess is that something went wrong with the HDMI hardware, but why this problem should affect my ability to run set up, I can't understand.

I have now bipassed the YouView box, which will allow us to watch TV over the holidays, but it would be nice to get the YouView box working again after Christmas (even if only by Scart), so that I don't lose my recordings.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

It possible that the capacitors within the box are failing - this is a fairly common problem. These are replacable , if that's the problem. There's a thread over on the Youview forum - here - that might help if you or someone you know is/are capable of some fine soldering.

Have you tried booting the box with just the Scart connected, removing the HDMI cable?

0 Ratings