cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphy83
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Problem with scheduled recordings on internet channels

I only seem to be able to watch the internet channel I'm recording if I have a scheduled recording. If watching another channel it's switches to the one scheduled to record & i can't change channel without cancelling the recording.

However, if I manually press record on 2 internet channels it works, meaning I have enough line speed so it doesn't make any sense.

Any ideas how to fix this?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problem with scheduled recordings on internet channels

Hi @murphy83 

Are these scheduled recording series recordings or single program recordings ?

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Series recordings

0 Ratings
ledgie
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Don't think so as the recordings haven't failed.

0 Ratings
Snooch27
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I don’t know how to fix it but we have same issue. 
also cannot record an internet channel and watch another when we always used to be able to

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Is a mod able to help with this as it's either an issue affecting everyone which would need to be sorted or  a few of us so should be fixable?

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I know there is a catch-up/on demand for a lot of stuff, but there are some shows that are not available that I'd like to record on series link, like Sunday Supplement, Goals on Sunday & Soccer AM etc.

Bit of a joke really that this bug exists as being able to watch one channel while recording another is pretty basic.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Hi @murphy83 

Have you looked at your scheduled recordings in the BT TV app?

If I set a Series Link recording it actually sets two on the same channel. This can only be seen in the app. One is a one off and the other is the Series Linked one. The STB is effectively recording the same programme twice which is why you can't change channel, but when you look at the actual recordings you'll only ever see one.

This only seems to happen when you first set the Series Link, after that it's usually okay. However, with a channel like Discovery who are hopeless with linking, I often have to add the SL again and so the problem reappears. If I'm not watching or recording anything else at the same time then it isn't a problem. 

I've had this since last December, I'm currently recording about 4 Series as one off programmes, adding them in each week. I always check my SL every day anyway, I have done for years because most broadcasters are hopeless at it.

0 Ratings
murphy83
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Yep you're correct, needs sorting out, mods?

0 Ratings