Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jamiemat85
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Problems adding BT Sport pack

Hi,

I have been on BT YouView TV Essential package since Dec 2014 and have BT broadband. I'm trying to add the free BT Sport pack to my package but keep getting the an error message Ref# CON-0003.

Any known solution to this?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
jamiemat85
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Problems adding BT Sport pack

Hi,

Just want to update this with more information on my situation now I've spoken to BT again.

I had SKY in the living room with BT sport pack in HD on it and a BT YouView box in bedroom on the TV essential package, which at the time BT sport was only available to infinity customers.

I've now cancelled SKY and moved the BT YouView box into the living room (TV was never on in bedroom, and hardly watched any SKY channels so a good money saving move!).

After failing to get BT sport added online I phoned to cancel the SKY pack and get BT Sport added to my BT YouView box. Should be simple enough but aparently not.

The lady I spoke to was very polite and clearly wanted to help me, but was insistent that I could not add BT Sport as my speed was not fast enough (she said it had to be over 8Mb) - except the BT TV page clearly states in its terms and conditions "Sufficient line quality and speed (min 5.25 Mbps for existing customers and 6.5 Mbps for new customers) required." I meet both of those speeds.

Furthermore even though I pay £6/m for TV essential which includes BT Sport because I didn't actually have it on my BT YouView box I had to pay a further £5/m for access to the app so I can watch it on my Chromecast instead, given its inclusion with my TV package this is a pretty crazy sounding way of going about things.

On the plus side I did get my BT Sport on SKY pack cancelled without issue.

So can someone please clarify, IS it possible for me to get BT Sport on my BT YouView Box as the terms and conditions state I should? 

And is the charge for the app actually correct?

Hope you were able to follow all that 🙂

Thanks again,

Jamie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

right simplest answer first

I believe you are being charged for the BT Sport App because (having cancelled BT Sport on Sky and not succeeding in ordering BT Sport with your BT TV Youview) you don't have BT Sport on BT TV. Were you to succeed in ordering BT Sport on your Youview box you would get the BT Sport App with no additional cost.

So it comes down to why you cannot order Bt Sport on your Youview box. There may be technical reasons (at your exchange or your cabinet)  why BT cannot provide it or it may be that BT data about your available speed differs from the actual speed you are experiencing.

0 Ratings
jamiemat85
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply 🙂

I appreciate the reasons for the charge regarding the BT Sport app its just a bit disappointing that if I could get it enabled on my box it would be included with my TV Essentials pack at no extra charge, and given I'm paying that anyway it seems a bit unfortunate but not the end of the world.

The bigger issue is getting BT Sport enabled on my BT YouView box, if possible. 

Can someone clarify for me if copper multicast is an absolute must? BT tell me its not anymore - simply line speed as a means to get more people on board and the terms would seem to back that up given the previous terms mention (and I forget exact wording) of certain exchanges, line quality, location etc. has been removed and replaced simply with the minimum speed mention in my previous post.

I'd really at this point just like to know if its actually possible to get BT Sport added to my box, and if it is then how do I go about making it happen as speaking to BT gets me nowhere as different people give different reasons and say contradictory things.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Your exchange does need to be multicast enabled to receive BT Sport through your Youview box.

0 Ratings
jamiemat85
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I did think that was the case but BT has told me twice that was not the case, plus the change in wording in the terms did make me think they may have been right.

Oh well hopefully my cabinet will be enabled for FTTC soon.

Thanks again

0 Ratings