cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 18

Re: Problems with Freeview channels cutting out

I can be watching a freeview HD channel 103 for example and go check it via the YouView box and it can drop signal for just over 7 seconds, prior to an engineer fitting an amplifier it wouldn't drop for as long as that but it will drop.

I now have 92 or 93% signal strength and 100% signal quality but like I say it can drop anytime so an amplifier isn't the answer and I too have the aerial in the loft.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 18

@LesC

Are you still experiencing the same issues? 

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 13 of 18

My problems turned out to be a faulty aerial amplifier. Must admit since changes to Sky Sports on BT (coupled with Freeview changes that meant no BBC news HD channel) I rarely use the BT box except for Champions League football...

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 18

An engineer I had out recently fitted an antiference 75 series Digital Media IR Distribution Amplifier at the box end, it helped get the signal strength to 92% but I still get the occasional signal dropout, but its out for more seconds than previously prior to the amplifier installation.

I don't think my issue is fixed, as all these amplifiers do is magnify any reception issues.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 18

@LesC

Isn't channel 107 in HD for BBC NEWS? 

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 16 of 18

Unfortunately, don't get channel 107 in my area - Essex

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 18

@LesC 

I'm in Essex (Benfleet) pointing to the Crystal Palace transmitter so get all the HD channels but I know other transmitters , mainly relay ones, are missing quite a few.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 18 of 18

Just checked on the Freeview site under 'what channels can I get' and it says I should get channel 107. I'm on the Crystal Palace transmitter too. However, just did a retune and it is still not found. Same with the TV too. I recall I lost the BBC News HD channel last time there was a retune...

0 Ratings