Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Problems with internet channels

Go to solution
Connect a laptop/pc to the cable from the PLA at the Youview end then run the VLC test and a speedtest
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gwp312
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.

I used a long ethernet cable, and it was working, thus establishing the problem was within the home.

Focus obviously turned to the tp-link AV500 adapters I use, and it appears a Firmware update sorted the problem. 

I'd had the Powerline Adapters for quite a while, so that explains it. FWIW when scanning thru the frmware release notes, I noted comments about compatibility with a few smart phones being addressed with each update, so it would appear tp-link are quite proactive in addressing such problems! I didn't get involved inthe details.

Result! Thanks for you help guys.

GWP312

0 Ratings
Henryh
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I had the same problems using the TP-Link AV500 PLAs, after reading this thread I did the firmware update. IPC6023 error has stopped happening. Thanks for the solution.

0 Ratings
gwp312
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Just to add one more thing...

I was helping a neighbour sort this problem (he bought them on my advice haha) and I should point out that you may require two different firmware upgrade procedures. I forgot this the second time round, and BTTV problems soon returned.

We had kits containing 2 x TL-WPA4220 (2 ethernet and wifi each)  and 1 x TL-PA411 (single ethernet - for connecting to your router). The TL-PA411 used a different procedure (and software) to the TL-WPA4220.

Check the model numbers on your units, and make sure you apply the firmware appropriately. It can be fiddly to be fair.

Hope this helps somebody!

gwp

0 Ratings