Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 30

Programmes cut again

Go to solution
Lost about the last 5 mins if Peston tonight as the recording stopped early. When is this going to be sorted out?
0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
ruth554422
Expert
Message 2 of 30

Re: Programmes cut again

Go to solution
You view uses accurate recording technology. This technology relies on broadcasters sending out start and stop signals with there broadcasts but unfortunately ofcom allows it to be optional. You view have confirmed they are not going to move away from the technology so the only thing people can do is hasale the broadcasters in the hope we can pressure them into coming to the 21st century and using modern AR technology. This is not bts fault all you view boxes would produce the same result no mater I'd they come from a shop or a other ISP such as plus net or talktalk. Its the broadcasters at fault here. They should get with the times
0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 30

Go to solution

I never had this issue with sky or virgin. This is BT's fault they should allow an overlap as contingency against broadcasters that are not using the up to date EPG technology.

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 4 of 30

Go to solution
I can't see how it's there fault they don't outright own the youview platform a google would show there are seven other partners in the venture. They wouldn't be able to push this though if the other partners want AR technology for example. BT TV runs off the youview platform. The youview platform alow you to use the box to record free view even if you cancel unlike sky. Its 100% not down to BT there are seven other partners to please in the venture. The answer is to hassle the broadcaster or tape stuff off decent channels.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 5 of 30

Go to solution
The auto correct changed the text. There seven partners total so the above post should say six not seven
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 6 of 30

Go to solution

At least we have the online catch up services so you can watch the missed bits online. I've not had any issues recently thank fully.

0 Ratings
Caher
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 30

Go to solution
I had 2 on Sunday alone; 1 on ITV and the other in the comedy internet channel.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 8 of 30

Go to solution
Comedy central are bad for it. This happens a lot my husband emailed the email address on the of com license and complained. ITV normally use AR on ITV 1 at the least so maybe they where having tech problems
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 30

Go to solution

@srpsrp wrote:

At least we have the online catch up services so you can watch the missed bits online. I've not had any issues recently thank fully.

But often the problem is with live sports coverage which is not made available on catch up.

Whover made this decision is the kind of person who would step onto a zebra crossing in front of a bus happy in the knowledge they were in the right as they are being carted off to hospital.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 30

Go to solution

BT aren't to blame BUT they could pressure Youview to allow a buffer to be implemented pre and post programme. Even crappy Freeview PVRs have the function. 

I've previously posted about programmes on both mainstream AND the smaller channels being recorded simultaneously on a BT Youview box, a Sky box, and a Humax Freesat pvr (NONE with padding added) and the only one to fall down with AR is the Youview box each time.

Unfortunately not all of the content I watch/record is added to the BT Catch Up service so can't depend on that as a fallback.

Youview (and I stress Youview) NOT BT needs to get out of the 1980s and produce a product/software fit for purpose.

0 Ratings