Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Programming remote for TV - FOUR flashes not three

Go to solution

I have had a BT YouView box for a number of years with a remote (2014 model) which showed signs of 'sticking keys' so I bought a new one which has a purple BT player button rather than  the black one. It controls the YouView box as it should but I have encountered a problem when trying to link it to the Samsung TV. I have successfully reset the remote a number of time and attempted to program the remote with the appropriate code (4483).

The problem is that the blue light on the remote flashes FOUR times rather than the three expected and after entering the code the blue light remains on after the TV has responded to the button press to turn it off. Though the remote turns the TV off it won't turn it back on again. I've tried pressing OK and removing batteries for a short time (as suggested elsewhere on t'internet) but nothing works.  Others appear to have had a similar problem but I haven't found a suggested solution which works. The old remote controls the TV as one would expect it to. I want the new one to do the same.

Help would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Programming remote for TV - FOUR flashes not three

Go to solution

I seem to  recall that 4 flashes mean an incorrect codes has been used. A quick Google shows lots of codes, just work your way through them

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Devon_Dave.

That doesn't seem to be the problem for two reasons. Firstly, the flashes occur before any code has  been entered and second, the TV responds partially after the code has been entered (turns TV off).

Thanks anyway.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have EXACTLY the same problem !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

BT had never heard of this problem (but I have seen three people in forums so far with exactly the same issue).

Press "TV + AV" (ignore four flashes) "enter the TV code" (in my case 3846 for Panasonic), (ignore four flashes).

Turn off the TV with the BT remote …. THEN PRESS "OK" …. and everything works  😀

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

All credit to TimCurtis of this forum for finding the answer on another forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the help. The procedure outlined above seems to have worked, though I'm sure I had seen this procedure elsewhere on the internet and tried it unsuccessfully. Maybe there were too many suggested methods to try and the remote became 'confused'. I know I was.

0 Ratings