I'm looking at acquiring a BT Ultra HD box, but primarily for 4K Netflix - not interested in sport, so won't be upping our subscription
A couple of questions if anyone can kindly answer them
1) Will BT sell the box without a Sport TV contract - or will I have to buy from eBay/Amazon
2) Does the box fully support 4K in Netflix (we do have HDCP 2.2 on our TV)
3) Will the box record 4K from Netflix? or is it encrypted to stop you
Solved! Go to Solution.
I will try to answer these..
1) Not certain
2) It supports it to a degree (it will do 4K fine but not any variant of HDR), you will need a 4K Netflix subscription.
3) You can't record Netflix on anything it is a streaming service and therefore no need to record (HDCP2.2 is copy protection to stop anybody recording any 4K content).
Thanks for that - confirms what I was thinking. I'll probably stick to getting our Netflix from our Smart TV for now