cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianflack
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Quick Start Guide instructions for YouView box appear to show the Aerial out socket as redundant

On my previous BT Vision box, the RF out socket was connected to the TV digital audio OUT socket.

On my new YouView box, the quick start guide set up instructions show the aerial out socket greyed out in the diagram and do not mention it at all. 

Why is that?

As a precaution, I have connected the aerial out socket on my YouView box to the TV digital audio OUT socket.

I confess not to understand the technicalities.

Is it just an omission from the YouView instructions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quick Start Guide instructions for YouView box appear to show the Aerial out socket as redundant

The quick setup guide only shows you the basics to get you up and running. The Full User Guide on page 29 gives instructions on how to connect your TV to the RF Out Socket. A copy of this guide can be found at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40460/~/bt-tv-user-guides-%28youview-and-bt-vision%29 . I hope this is useful.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Quick Start Guide instructions for YouView box appear to show the Aerial out socket as redundant

The RF Out connects to the TV RF In (Aerial) socket not the digital audio out so that you still get a Freeview picture on your TV. Please note that your TV will lose its aerial signal if you have your YV box configured to go into Energy Saver standby mode (that guide, dated March 2015, still shows the power saving section on Page 21 as High or Low Eco mode but this has been replaced by Smart see here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/52436/kw/eco%20mode/c/348,7415,7419 )

0 Ratings
brianflack
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for pointing out what I should have seen on page 29 of the user guide.  The aerial lead from the YouView box is a round one pin male connector and so is the other end. There is only one socket of that type on the back of the TV and that has no label on it so I guess it must be the RF aerial in socket. I  gave it the name digital audio out becasue that is the nearest label to it.  I have looked at the TV book and have not yet found a reference to an RF aerial in. I guess the one I am using must be it.  

0 Ratings