cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

RECORD 2 CHANNELS WATCHING 3RD

Hi, I am new to BT TV but I thought I should be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd. This afternoon I was unable to watch bbc1hd  whilst recording on itv3 and channel 4. Can anyone explain if this is normal please.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: RECORD 2 CHANNELS WATCHING 3RD

they are all channels that are delivered over the tv aerial. 

You can record 2 internet channels and watch a channel delivered by aerial. 

Or record 2 aerial channels and watch an internet channel,

or record 1 internet and 1 aerial and watch either internet or aerial channel. 

I’ve confused myself there but I hope that helps. 

Edit.. just to add you can always go back with the TV guide and watch the majority of channels using the on demand player. So if you missed the bbc show, scroll back the guide and it will no doubt be available to watch on demand. 

Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi, thanks for your reply, can you explain what an internet channel is, is it any channel that is not freeview?

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Yes none freeview, internet channels are all the subscription channels you might have depending on what package you have. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@Pix1 wrote:

Hi, I am new to BT TV but I thought I should be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd. This afternoon I was unable to watch bbc1hd  whilst recording on itv3 and channel 4. Can anyone explain if this is normal please.

In that example  you were recording 2 Freeview channels   and then attempted to watch a third Freeview channel. The 3 Freeview channels you selected are delivered by 3 different Freeview multiplexes (mux).  So in that scenario  it is normal that you would not  be able to watch the third programme without cancelling one of the recordings . Had you been recording Channel 4 HD rather than C4 then i suspect that you would have been able to watch BBC 1 HD as channel 4 HD and BBC 1 HD are delivered by the same mux.

www.digitaluk.co.uk/channels/channel_listings   lists the channels via each  mux.

Other options open to you  in that scenario would be to watch the BBC 1 channel in Sd or Hd on your Tv directly rather than via the Youview box  or on the Youview box select the BBC Iplayer  and in BBC Iplayer  under channels  select  one and you should have the option to watch the current BBC 1  programme either live or from the start.

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

You can always run an aerial patch cable from RF Out on the Youview box to your TV and be guaranteed to be able to watch any Freeview channel live using the TV's own tuner whatever channels the Youview box is recording.

0 Ratings
NigelS1
Message 7 of 7

Hi just jumped in on this.  I am new to BT TV and do not have an aerial so only have bt box connected directly to fibre hub with sky sport subscription.  I can only record 1 channel at a time despite requesting to record two BT sport channels at the same time.   The TV guide shows both set to record but only 1 does.  Any idea if there are settings to change to facilitate 2 channel recording at same time?

0 Ratings