cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Just signed up for BTTV. Connected my aerial into my new box, then connected the RF out back into my Samsung smart hub. I’ve also switched RF out functionality on, in the BT box, however my Samsung Tv is saying it’s not getting an RF signal… any advice please?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: RF OUT

Go to solution

Use the HDMI cable that was supplied, that goes in the back of the Youview box and into your TV.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Neilyboy72 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems connecting your TV. @-Richie- advice is sound. I use the HDMI cable myself. Can you let me know how you're getting on with it?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I think what @Neilyboy72  means, is that the TV is not seeing any Freeview input signal via the BT TV box pass through.

Having a Freeview input to the TV means that you can watch another channel if the BT TV box is using up all of its tuners to record programmes.

Also some Smart TV require the Freeview signal to allow its apps to determine the correct TV region.

The RF out does not carry any extra signals, its just a pass through for convenience, however if the TV is set to auto scan at regular intervals, and no signal is detected, it can remove any saved channels. This was, or still is, an issue with some LG Smart TVs, as it was set as a default.

I think that if the BT TV box is configured for maximum power saving, the RF pass through is turned off, so if the TV does an auto scan during that time, all the channels will be lost.

This is based on my experience with my own LG Smart TV.

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for the input @Keith_Beddoe . Much appreciated.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Spot on, that’s ny problem. I’ll give that a bash, mine is a Samsung smart TV with a Smarthub, it’s telling me, even with the BT box on, that no input is being received from the RF out. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@Neilyboy72 wrote:

Spot on, that’s ny problem. I’ll give that a bash, mine is a Samsung smart TV with a Smarthub, it’s telling me, even with the BT box on, that no input is being received from the RF out. 

Check the lead between the two, and also the power setting on the BT TV box, as it may be set for deep sleep, or similar. If you get it working, see if the TV has an option to disable auto scan at regular intervals.

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Since changing the power settings to maximum, it’s resolved the issue! Thanks everyone for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Great result @Neilyboy72 and thanks to @Keith_Beddoe  for the help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

If you want to use power saving mode on the Youview box while still watching the TV direct then you can use an RF splitter dongle to feed the Youview box and the TV independently. Depending on the reception strength a simple passive splitter may suffice or failing that a powered splitter which boosts the signal.

0 Ratings