cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Random error code YVM102

My set up is a Toshiba TV connected to a BT YouView+ box connected to the router in the next room through two BT  Broadband Extender 500 Flex. 

This generally works fine, but (seemingly at the most important moments, e.g. when watching football) the router connections drops, resulting usually in a YMV102 error. There is no clear pattern to this, except it generally appears to happen when watching Liverpool play (e.g. last week's League Cup final it dropped twice). sometime this can be fixed by resetting the extenders, sometimes by simply rebooting the box itself, but when it is at its worst, it means resetting the whole box back to factory settings and starting again. 

My feeling is that this is probably the extenders - this is an Edwardian semi, and I am not sure how good the wiring circuits are - but might it be something else? Is it worth changing the extenders to see if that helps? Any advice would be welcome. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Random error code YVM102

Hi @SteveClayton, welcome to the forum, and thanks for your post.

Sorry that you're having this problem with your BT TV package. It could be that the extenders need to be replaced to fix this. Is it possible for you to connect an Ethernet cable from the hub to the BT TV box just for testing purposes? Then you would know if it was the box or the extenders that are the cause.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi John,

Thanks for that. A bit tricky to make a direct connection as it is about 5m but with a wall in the way, so would need a long cable which I don't have. Also, as it is so unpredictable, the connection and cable would have to be in place for a while. 

Maybe the way forward is new extenders. Any advice on which ones?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @SteveClayton, thanks for explaining that. I was hoping we could locate the problem for certain. 

Have a look at BT Mini Connectors for BT TV.

cheers

John

0 Ratings