cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GemmaTaylor
Message 1 of 6

Re: Absoloute nightmare getting BT Infinity setup, first they cancel my order, then they don't show

I feel you Smiley Sad

I'm also going through it today when a Cube engineer on behalf of BT turned up to fit my Fibre Broadband and two Ultra HD You View boxes. I had already pre-installed the smart hub myself when it arrived and connected everything to the wifi so that all that was left for him to do was to bring and connect up the YouView boxes. 

Sadly even this was too complicated for BT to get right. In their infinate wisdom the CUBE contractor company have sent the engineer here with absolutely no ariel connectors on board the van so he cant fit any of the TV up. He left to try and find another engineer in the area with connectors and apparantly no one else has them either. 

After a customer service call and two manager callbacks later I am still no closer to getting TV than next Friday when engineers are 're-available' again to come back with ariel connectors and set the tv boxes up. The manager has emailed the engineers to ask them to come sooner on Monday but we all know how effective thats going to be.

So essentially I am now stuck without TV until next Friday as I have already cancelled my subscription to my previous provider Sky, who i am now seriously considering just going back to for the appalling service I am getting with BT is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth already. 

I can cope without tv but my stepdad is disabled and watching football is about the only thing that gets him up in the morning and now he will effectively be staring at the wall for the next week. I'm so disappointed and angry that all of this stress taking time off work and now having to take another day off when the engineer decides to visit, is all being caused by a lack of supplies for an engineer to do his basic job he's called for. 

I don't understand how this service is acceptable on any level, ive been offered the credit of £20 only for the installation fee i would have paid in compensation, and still no resolution to having no TV!!!

All the manager could do was apologise and blame their contracted engineers for which BT have chosen to work with and now apparantly want to take no responsibility for when they screw up, disgusting service BT you are shambles. Pull your finger out and fix peoples issues instead of just tripping over yourselves to apologise with no resolution!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Absoloute nightmare getting BT Infinity setup, first they cancel my order, then they don't show

I would have thought you could just re-use the exising lead from the TV and connect it to the YouView box. Your TV aerial should simply plug into the aerial input of the YouView box.

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

An additional aerial fly lead is only required to use the TVs internal tuner instead of the Youview box tuner.

It is possible just to plug your existing aerial into the Youview box and then use a HDMI cable alone to the TV.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I can only assume that the original poster doesn't have a working TV aerial and that is what was being installed by Qube (I think that's the name of the company BT use).

Anyway I would think that the YouView box can be used without an aerial in order to see the BT Sport channels for example.

If the original poster posts back it should be clear what the contractor was actually supposed to do.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 6

I bought my own TV aerial out of Argos a few years back after the main TV aerial that was outside got damaged in a winter storm and I got someone I know to fit it and it only tane them 15mins to fit it. Saved on cost of a company coming to fit it.

Think the aerial cost me just under £30 at the time as i got a medium sized aerial for outside.

Darren

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

There is mention in the original post of two  Ultra HD You View boxes.

I would be suprised if that was the case as I believe whilst Bt offer Extra box with the Ultra HD service the second (extra) box is a not an ULtra Hd box but rather a HD Youview+ box.

I believe BT would expect for both boxes to be hard wired to the Homehub and for full services both Youview boxes to have aerial connections. Normally you can get freeview services on your Youview box  if you have an aerial connnection but no homehub connection. Normally you can get BT IPTV and several (but not all) On demand/Catchup player services without an aerial.

0 Ratings