cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT website "launching something new"...

Go to solution

Great timing!

I left BT 2 years ago because they could not re-contract me without losing all of my services. I went to Virgin and no real issues. Came back to BT again 3 weeks ago thinking it would be better, oh dear!

After more than 3 weeks and hours on the phone, they have not been able to add a second TV box subscription to my account! I have spoken to what must be most of BT! Now yesterday there may have been some activity on my account but now cannot check due to this "launching something new" ...... wonderful!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Red_Snow Sorry you have been unable to get a second box added to your BTTV package.  I've moved your post to the most appropriate board. 

Check out Can I watch BT TV in more than one room? and post back and let me know that your line can support Extra Box.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello John,

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes my line can support an extra box and indeed, as a previous customer I had this up and running.

I already have a non-recordable second box and I can stream IP subscribed channels to it without issue. However, as the system knows I don't have the subscription it "takes over" from my primary box.

Although I keep getting assurances that they will remove the app extra and add extra box subscription only, nobody can do it!! I've had manual orders created that have then been cancelled, I've had numerous people try and add it but to no avail. Last I heard was that there is an issue with my account and the "backoffice" staff are sorting it. I also have a case manager assigned but 4 weeks after re-joining BT, no news or updates!!! Not happy to say the least!

I now have agreement that I can leave BT without cancellation charges (HTTC?). I'd rather it was sorted out but I have spent so many hours on the phone I am not hopeful!

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Red_Snow

Thanks for posting back to confirm your line can support extra box on BT TV.

As you have been trying to get this sorted out and you're no further forward you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you Robbie, message sent. 

Cheers

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Urgh ...... looked at prices for both VF and Sky for broadband. Looks like yet another issue as both of them are saying that I'd need a new line, clearly I do not as I have a valid landline number & fttc. So it would appear that either BT and/or Openreach are not advertising the correct info to other provider's "checkers" relating to my address/landline number .......

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Red_Snow

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again today.

Sorry you had problems getting the extra box added and that it went on for so long.  When I picked up your case I could see that there was an issue on your original order.  The aspect of the order to bring your number back over from your previous provider wasn't closed off (even though it did come over successfully).  This resulted in the order not closing properly and not reflecting the services you can get.

I got that closed off earlier and within a few minutes everything tallied up as it should have and your order for extra box is sorted now Smiley Happy

Everything else we discussed is sorted today too and the changeover will happen on Monday.  I'll go ahead and close things off from here as agreed!

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Robbie, what can I say .... THANK YOU!!

All sorted, brilliant stuff. You've managed to sort out the issues in one afternoon vs. many weeks/hours on the phone to all manner of departments in BT

Thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings