cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 49

Re: Do i have to return BT Youview box?

Go to solution
Brilliant, thank you, should I then phone BT if there eventually is a charge showing, what would you advise?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 49

Go to solution

@MagsRoddy54 wrote:

Hi, I am replying to this message as my situation is the same.  I have just cancelled my BT package and I have now received an  email to say they are sending me packaging to return box.  I have had the YouView box (from BT when I took out the contract ) and it was definitely before Dec 2019.  
when I cancelled I did question about returning thinking I could keep the box but I was told no it belongs to BT and I have to return it.  I suppose what I am asking is can I contact you if I don’t return and they eventually say I am being charged? 
many thanks in anticipation of your reply.

MagsRoddy54

As regards your question " I suppose what I am asking is can I contact you if I don’t return and they eventually say I am being charged?"  

This is a BT customer to customer forum. None of the forum users with the exception of the forum moderators can speak for BT so they are not in a position to do anything other than offer their advice should BT charge you for not returning the equipment.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 49

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

This is a BT customer to customer forum. None of the forum users with the exception of the forum moderators can speak for BT so they are not in a position to do anything other than offer their advice should BT charge you for not returning the equipment.

Correct, and @MagsRoddy54  will be able to tell up to 60 days in advance if any charges are likely to be levied when she logs onto MyBT. See below.

@MagsRoddy54 If you see the below when you logon to MyBT then click on the Return Equipment button and it will detail what equipment needs to be returned and the fee you will be charged if you fail to do so. Personally I would just keep watching MyBT and if you don't see the below then don't worry about it.

EquipmentReturn.jpg

Message 14 of 49

Go to solution

Les-Gibson

I am well aware of and I am not disputing what was said in message 10 or your subsequent message 13 about checking on MyBT, however if you read my post and quoted it in full you would have seen that I was replying to a specific question that the OP asked  " I suppose what I am asking is can I contact you if I don’t return and they eventually say I am being charged?"  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 49

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

Les-Gibson

I am well aware of and I am not disputing what was said in message 10 or your subsequent message 13 about checking on MyBT, however if you read my post and quoted it in full you would have seen that I was replying to a specific question that the OP asked  " I suppose what I am asking is can I contact you if I don’t return and they eventually say I am being charged?"  

What was the point of that rant?

If you read my message 13 properly you will see that the first word of it was "Correct", in other words I was agreeing with you and supplying additional information.

Do you always argue with those who agree with you? 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 49

Go to solution

The point of my "rant" as you put it was that you missed out the fact that I was answering a specific question and by repeating what you had already stated, missing out what I was replying to, and directing me to "see below" inferred that I did not understand or required "additional information".

Do you always have to supply further information to those that agree with you? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 49

Go to solution
Cheers, much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 49

Go to solution

@gg30340 

Oh Dear, how pathetic!

I didn't supply the further information for your benefit, I supplied it in response to the OP's question in message No 11. Take a chill pill and calm down

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 49

Go to solution
So sorry, I’m new to this forum. Chill pill taken.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 49

Go to solution

@MagsRoddy54 

Just ignore the spat between @Les-Gibson & @gg30340 , this sort of things happens quite frequently between established members here.

The point is that if you do get threatened with a charge you CAN come back here and one of the BT moderators will probably resolve the problem for you.