cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 49

Re: Do i have to return BT Youview box?

Go to solution

@MagsRoddy54 

I apologise if you thought that comment was aimed at you, I can assure you that it wasn't. Sorry

Message 22 of 49

Go to solution
No problem at all and thanks for your reply.
Message 23 of 49

Go to solution
Thanks, that’s what I’ll do.
Message 24 of 49

Go to solution

Hi,

Following this trail, I have just cancelled my BT TV Essential package as I can get all the same channels on a basic Freeview TV. I have had my equipment since September 2016.

However, the person on the phone said I had to return the "Yourview" box to BT within 60 days or I would be charged for it. I mentioned that I had read on the BT Community page that I was under the impression I was allowed to keep it but he said as I changed my contract in 2019 [Removed BT Sport] I was liable to send it back. I checked my account on My BT  and there is a request to send my equipment back.

I don't want threatening emails from BT so could someone please give me a definitive answer, or help me?

Regards,

Trev012

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 49

Go to solution

@Trev012 

This is the link that refers to returning devices.

If you had the equipment before 13/12/2019 then it's yours. The bit about renewing your contract and applying new T&Cs is highly suspect as far as equipment goes in my view.

My opinion and the opinion expressed on this forum is keep it.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 49

Go to solution

Tim,

Thank you so much for this information.

Kind Regards,

Trev012

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 49

Go to solution
Hi, just wondered how you were getting on with this? I think I'm about to go through the same experience! We renewed our contract 2 years ago although we've received no new equipment since we joined 7 or 8 years ago. I don't really want to have to pay to keep the box but it's cheaper than buying a new one. Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 49

Go to solution

Hi Catstocker,

Despite BT telling me it had to be returned within 60 days and they would send me a returns envelope, I still haven't received it and that's almost a fortnight now.

I keep checking my online account and it still states I have an item to return.

I will await my next bill [Due at the end of the month] and see if there is any value attached to this return. As others have said, if it's a zero value, then I will just ignore. If there is money to be paid if they do not receive it, I shall contact them and quote what is on their website.

Regards,

Trev012

Message 29 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @Trev012 and @Catstocker .

Thanks for posting. If you need a returns pack I can arrange that for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me a reply with the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 49

Go to solution

Hi David,

Many thanks for your offer of a returns bag if the original does not show up.

I'm hoping that it doesn't make an appearance then I will just keep the box, which I believe is mine to keep as I've had it since 2016/17.

It is so confusing as I am getting mixed messages on this forum but the strong feeling of members is that as it was before 2019, it is the customers to keep.

Regards,

Trev012

0 Ratings