cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 49

Re: Do i have to return BT Youview box?

Go to solution

@Shawy Thanks for posting, I've sent you a private message so you can send over your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 49

Go to solution

I am in the same boat. Been with BT ages and always had a BT TV box thing, almost 100% certain I've had it pre Dec 2019. I cancelled BT Sport in September 2022 and received the request/envelope to return the box.

I opened up a chat session and they confirmed I did not have to return it and I won't be charged.

(I fully expect to be charged but at least I have a transcript of the chat session when inevitably I have to request the charge back!)

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 49

Go to solution

Hi All,

Sorry to ask the same question but I'm having the same problem. I have just stopped my bt TV but have had the box since 2016, but have been asked to return it. Might a moderator be able to help? @NeilO 

Thank you

Cate

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 49

Go to solution

I found it was worth ringing BT billing. Following my earlier post, I had a billing issue whereby after I had cancelled the BT TV package, I was still being charged for it some 2 months later. I rang them and got that issue sorted.

The agent then mentioned about the return of the box. I said how long I'd had it and that it should be considered to be mine, not loaned by BT. She agreed and noted the system accordingly. Within a few minutes of the call ending I received an email stating that BT had received my equipment back. Obviously they hadn't, but the agent had done what she needed to do to close the matter.

This way I have evidence that I need should it ever come to that.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 49

Go to solution

Thank you.

@charlespw   I'll try that in the New Year

Cate

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 49

Go to solution

Brief update.

I have contacted BT in the account and billing section via the online chat.

I have now been told I can keep my YouView box and it is now mine. I do not have to return it.

Many thanks to all for the advice and assistance.

Cate.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 49

Go to solution
Having the same issues here.

I first took out BT TV way back in 2016 and decided to cancel at the weekend.

The sales assistant insisted I had to return the box and I’ve received an email today stating the same.

As far as I’m concerned, the box belongs to me and I can continue to use it as a basic YouView recorder and watch any basic Freeview recordings etc.

Not sure what to do or who to contact if they keep insisting I return it.
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 49

Go to solution

A chat session is the way to go. Retain a copy of the chat for your records @Hendy2 

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 49

Hi @Hendy2 and thanks for posting. I can see @NeilO has r...

Go to solution

Hi @Hendy2 and thanks for posting.

I can see @NeilO has replied to your question on your other thread at Solved: Leaving BT TV keeping box. - BT Community. As you've had the box for so long it's yours to keep. If you still getting messages to return it let me know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings