Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Timh58
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Failed Recording

I have a humax DTR-T4000 box, it will not record on any channel. Have done factory reset but still the same,so suspect the box might of failed.
Any ideas
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

hi @Timh58 I moved your post to its own thread as unfortunately it does seem to be an issue either with your box or seup rather than the issue covered in the original thread.

Can i clarify that this is a previously working T4000 box and whether you currently have an active Tv subscription (and that this box was supplied to you by BT) ?

Prior to doing the factory reset were you able to play back old recordings ?

Are you setting  or attempting to set  recordings from the box EPG (guide) or  using a connected phone/tablet using Youview or BT TV app  ? Is the problem both with Freeview TV channels (channels 1 -299) and BT subscription channel  (ie channels in range 301-599) ?

Also what happens if you are watching a channel and simply use the remote Record button ?

Timh58
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Was all working until just over a week ago, I have full subscription. It is on all channels even the ones that I subscribe too. I can watch the programme's that have been previously recorded. Have only used the remote to try and record, if pushing the record button whilst watching a programme the remote will flash with the blue light but nothing happens with the box. Even if you pre plan to record a programme in the future come the day it doesn't record. Hope this helps
Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@Timh58 Thanks for clarifying.  The Tv contract should provide reassurance should a box replacement be needed.

you mention having done a factory reset  and also that you still can playback old recordings. This leads me to believe that you probably did a maintenance mode 2 reset using the button on your Youview box. Is this correct ?  if so try a maintenance mode 4 reset ?

the full range of maintenance mode options are 

Recordable boxes:

1. Software Reset
  2. Factory Reset , keep recordings (recommended)
  3. Factory Reset, delete recordings (if option 2 doesn't resolve your issue)
  4. Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings
  5. Internet / USB recovery , delete recordings

i

Timh58
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for reply, I did do a mode 2 when that didn't work did a mode 4 reset but it was still the same. Have spoken to BT they said they couldn't access the box even though I have still got full phone, TV and broadband connection so they are sending a engineer. Many thanks for your help much appreciated.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

What happens if you delete a recording while it's still recording?
Does it then populate into a list of Failed Recordings in your Recordings list and are they there forever?

Is there another way of stopping and or deleting a recording if you're already watching it live?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Timh58 did your problem get resolved after the engineer visit ?

@sea2dog  Your post doesn’t seem to relate to @Timh58  issue , I wonder have you reponded to the wrong thread ?

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Yeah, probably better deleting it.
0 Ratings