cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eightyones
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Hdmi splitter

I have recently received a BT TV Youview set top box.  I have a NEET cables, 4 in 2 out HDMI switch. Connecting the BT TV box to it was fine and worked OK exept that some  buttons on the BT TV remote control caused the HDMI switch to change ports or switch off.  I recall having a similar problem when I first connected  a Humax Fox T2 recorder to this HDMI switch a few years ago, on this occasion NEET cables suggested a solution of changing the remote control code of the Fox T2, (press 'enter' & '0' at the same time and follow the on screen instuctions) which cured the problem.  It seems that although the BT TV box is made by Humax they, Humax, cannot or are bound by some contract with BT not provide a method of changing the remote control codes.  I did order another HDMI switch but this was similarly affected by the BT TV remote control.   BT tech help haven't a clue,  Humax reffered me to BT.  This is aa example of how these giant companies put the CUSTOMER; certainly not first.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

As far as I'm aware no Youview boxes be they Humax (retail) , Huawei (TalkTalk) or BT allow the remote codes to be changed so it may be rigid application or adherence to the Youview specification. The BT boxes (which are manufactured by Humax) use the same remote code as the Humax own retail branded boxes. So unfortunately if you have a clash with another device unless you can change the remote code on the other device (which you can with the Humax Fox T2) you will be stucki with the inconvienence of clashes.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Which begs the question of why the Neet switch is using codes reserved for use by a PVR? If you are thinking of replacing the switch then my Thor switch does not clash.
0 Ratings
fuzzy1986
Message 4 of 5

I bought a a 4x2 matrix of amazon and having the same problems looked a the reviews for other similar products and still the same problem , if anyone knows of a matrix that does not clash please let me know thank !!!

0 Ratings
SKYLESS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Eightyones, I have tried using many different brands of HDMI splitter (1 in + 4 out) and most of them fail to perform well.

I too have had many issues with IR signal from the remote control changing the splitters output channel and I solved this by discarding the tiny remote control that is supplied with the splitter and also use a small piece of black electrical tape to cover up the pinhole on the front of the splitter that houses its tiny IR receiver. 

It has worked for me on all of the cheaper splitters.

Having upgraded my entire TV, PC systems and all HDMI cables (HDMI 2.1) since then, I was unable to achieve UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 60Hz (60 FPS) and Croma 4:4:4 on multiple 4K screens simultaneously and had to upgrade my splitters to some very expensive ones.

It hurt my wallet but has been well worth the cost because they are extremely fast and reproduce a perfect resolution at all times. They do not contain an IR receiver which is better.

The splitter is a Blustream SP14-v2 and is £209 - Futureshop

0 Ratings