Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 11 of 68

Re: IPC6017 error after using BT player

Go to solution
My husband must have the patience of a Saint it's definitely a authentication issue with the server. He has managed to get the subscription channels working on the box however if he loads up bt player I player on demand five it knocks them off again. So this is a hundred percent a bt side issue like he said. Unfortunately this still obviously needs looking into because although the channels are on there actually taking a few seconds longer to come on and he should obviously be able to use whatever player he likes. He been pressing a lot if ok to setup all day testing every single thing imaginable on this box.
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 68

Go to solution

Totally agree with you. I have to resubscribe every time I change channel and I can't watch any of my ip recordings. Really poor service and I hope they explain what has happened and give us assurances it won't happen again

Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 68

Go to solution
The whole lot have now gone error btp-20000 as well as ipc6017 errors back and full loss of bt player
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 68

Go to solution
Just tried to phone faults to cancel the engineer booking as it's obviously on bts side but it says a lot when there is obviously massive queues as I'm struggling to get though straight away
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 15 of 68

Go to solution
We have cancelled the engineer because it's obviously not required but it don't mean that this issue is resolved because it's not
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 68

Go to solution
This morning the channels are working but the second I go to a catch up player especially bt player it cuts the channels off and our purchases are missing
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 68

Go to solution
Again same here. Purchases missing, ip recordings failing, channels needing resubscribing each time, can't watch any of my ip recordings. It is shocking and needs an input from the mods with an explanation.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 18 of 68

Go to solution

Hi @scointer & @ruth554422,

Of the users who have posted to us about this issue we will be dealing on an individual basis. However; I've also flagged the issue up the chain in case they've seen any trends. With the Bank Holiday tomorrow, I expect that we'll get a reply over the next couple of days. As soon as we do, we'll post up here.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 68

Go to solution
My parents had this error code with plusnet TV, they rang up and the guy on the other end sorted it out in 10-15 minutes. Yet bt customers are going to have to wait until after the bank holiday? That's shocking customer service.
Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 68

Go to solution
Surely it's highly unusual for some customers to flag the same issue to you. I hope when it gets picked up by the people you have flagged it to its fixed and fixed quickly. On Saturday me and my husband where planning to watch iron man because we have never seen it and bt are having a sale on marvel movies but we didn't get to watch it because it did a disappearing act not long after we used the payment pin as you can imagine we are not going to want to pay for it twice.

It's clearly an issue on bts side because it's the same problem multiple users are describing. Mr and my husband don't believe in piracy and we pay for our content but it's not hard to see why so many have turned to it with problems like this.

What reassurances do we have that it won't happen again what happens if it happens Christmas day we sit down with our dinner and expect to watch a Christmas special of only fools and horses like we do every year on gold and in the Blink of a eye it goes off would one be expected to wait until the new year.

This isn't on bt need someone who deals with these issues in 24/7 people expect a reliable service and we feel customer service treatment of my husband yesterday was very poor.

Imagine if sky did this they would be loosing customers fast.

We paid for content on bt store we can't access we are having issues with channels and recordings and I have tested two youview boxes so it's not the youview box. My Friend is on TalkTalk and as you know they use youview we went to there house with one of the youview box and it worked straight away.

Your customers expect answers compensation and need a full detailed explanation as to what happened and reassurance it won't happen again and its unacceptable to expect us to wait until after bank holiday.