Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenrig
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: IPC6023 - Advanced Diagnosis

Go to solution

I ordered the BT TV entertainment package on 28/9/16 and it was activated the same day however I have been unable to receive the internet channels on my youview.

After spending many hours on the phone to BT and being sent a replacement youview box and router, neither of which fixed the problem, they sent an engineer. The engineer proved there wasn't a problem with my equipment and contacted the engineers helpdesk who ran further tests and found my line wasn't configured to receive multicast channels. I was advised the problem would be fixed and I would be contacted within 48hours to confirm it was resolved. 6 days have now passed and nothing has happened. I contacted BT again yesterday morning and was promised I would be called back within 24hours to confirm resolution. 36hours have passed and still no call or resolution.

I have just run VLC to prove I cannot receive multicast.

Can you help me please.

P.S. As a retired BT engineer with 38 years service and a substantial shareholder my anger will be vented much higher up the chain

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

@Greenrig I'm so sorry your Internet channels are not working. The moderation team will be happy to help you get this sorted if you use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Greenrig,

Thanks for taking my call today. I'm really glad we were able to get this sorted out for you. It turned out the engineer request wasn't picked up to correct the mulitcast issue but once that was identified it was sorted. Post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Greenrig
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi David

Many thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

0 Ratings