Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric-B
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: New BT Vision Box to receive Freview HD

Go to solution
Can anyone tell me if the new you view boxes have fewer problems than the BTV black boxes. Is it worth upgrading just for the HD capability?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution
It has different problems 🙂

I have it and personally love it. It has a lot of potential and it will get there, but it does have issues at the moment.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, the new Youview boxes don't have the same software problems as the Vision boxes. 

If you don't want Sky Sports, ESPN then I would consider upgrading.

If you did, it is still not clear when/if you would receive the new channels, Discovery, FX etc.

0 Ratings
MartinW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Agreed.

I ordered my YouView box a couple of days ago and was told by the salesman that there's no Sky content available yet, as negotiations are still ongoing.

I guess if all customers continue to make our desire for these channels known, then BT will eventually offer a price BSkyB is willing to accept.

If negotiations with BSkyB fail, at least we know that BT will be showing their own Premier League football games in the 2013/2014 season, with Jake Humphrey as anchorman.

If getting Sky Sports HD and the other hinted-at channels is important to you, then now is probably not the time to switch to YouView.

I don't get Sky Sports, so I'm not bothered; I'm just keen to get Freeview HD channels and on-demand films in 1080p.

If nothing else, it's a great way to get a Humax YouView PVR.

They're £299 to buy or £49 to upgrade from BT Vision, but the salesman agreed to discount my BT Vision subscription by enough to make the box effectively free.

What a nice man Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well, with the BTV box you can at least now download the 'Film Club' films in HD - if they're available in HD, obv.

I just found out that my new YV box wont let me watch HD Films as they're streamed and I'm a tad under the threshold required (5Mb)....you can't say to the box, 'well just download it then' or 'go on, try it....you could always buffer some'. 

Why these things aren't allowed....esp. the buffering, a well known deity only knows.

0 Ratings