cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Regular IPC 6023 errors

Hi Martin

Really interested to read this.  Very much the same scenario for me ... IPTV all fine up before Christmas but now consistently getting the same IPC6023 issue after approx 4 and a half minutes on my IPTV channels. Switch between channels and i'm good for another 4.5 mins. The added wrinkle for me was, I installed a new router so am not sure if that introduced the problem or if it was there "before" I switched routers. 

Out of interest, would you share a little detail on what fixed it for you please?  Was it something that James / Gavin assisted you with "behind the scenes" or was it related to the router / set up on your side? 

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated as I've been trawling these forums and *believe* I have things configured as needed (ie no powerline adaptors, wired, latest firmware etc). The router is a Netgear X4S R7800 with the "Support British Telecom (BT) IGMP Proxying" checkbox selected. 

Thanks

Chris 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @mrch Sorry you are having a problem with the IPC-6023 error code. I've moved your post to create your own thread as that's the best thing to do and also to get help with your problem.

There are a few things that can cause this error. Please check out the BTTV Error code help page. Check you broadband speed and also is your Youview box connected to the router via Ethernet or powerline adaptors.

Post back and let me know and we can take it forward for you. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

HI John 

Thanks for creating a new thread for me - I wasn't 100% sure! 

My broadband speed is solid at 75/18 down/up. The router connection to the YouView box is wired ethernet (cat 5 or 5e - I'd need to double check if it matters).  

I did run through the error check steps yesterday. However, I'm happy to retry steps 5 and 6. I'll post back once I've been able to do that. 

Thanks in advance

Chris  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @mrch Thanks for that update. 

We will be happy to help you from here on with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Message 5 of 6

Hi @mrch,

Thank you for taking my call today. I've ran a few checks on your line, you have a really good connection and I'm not picking up any faults on the line.

Would you be able to reconnect your Home Hub to see if the same problem occurs with that router? I'm out of the office tomorrow but I'll follow up with you again on Thursday.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks @PaddyB 

I have tried the HH and failing IPTV channels functioned without issue for 8 or so minutes, both normal and HD. It does seem to focus the issue on the Netgear router and its handling of the IPTV traffic.    

I am trying a couple of different things with some invaluable assistance from your BT team.  I'll post back with further detail as appropriate.

Thanks   

0 Ratings