cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaneM2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Software update for T1000 (H3) YouView box

I have owned my current youview box for 3-4 years.  Nowhere on it or in the booklet can I find out what the model is.   It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago.  Now everytime I try to switch it on I have to reboot it and sometimes it just stops working mid progreamme.  Tonight - yet again - I have been able to get it to re-boot so unable to watch anything other than a DVD on my TV.  This is incredibly frustrating ...

Any suggestions please?

Jane

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

@JaneM2  welcome to the forum,

i’ve moved your post to its own thread as it is not relevant to the software announcement thread.

Model numbers will normally be on the back of the Youview box. But the easiest way of checking is when your Youview box is switched on. Press the Youview button and navigate to Settings  then when in the Settings screen use the down button and at the bottom you will see the Information & Reset section .

There selecting Device Information will give the Manufacturer  which will be typically Humax and the a Model  number which begins   DT.  post back with that Model number.

then the next box on the Settings screen is Software Information

On that screen you will see the manufacturer software .. again post back with that number 

0 Ratings
JaneM2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Sadly I can’t get as fast as the settings screen. The number in the back - maybe the model number - is DTR-T1000/GB/500G/BT

Thanks.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

do you still have a  current BT TV package ?  

0 Ratings
JaneM2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No I’ve never had a BT TV package but I have BT broadband, Purchased the box separately and connected to the TV and internet via cables.

J  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

well trying a maintenance mode  reset option 4 internet  keeping recordings  would be worthwhile

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode

before doing that have a read of Keith’s post on the Youview Community

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6251537/top-tip-soft-reset-reboot-power-cycling-mai...

0 Ratings