Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Re: The Software Reset Problem

Go to solution

I got my BT box in December 2017, all was well until the last couple of weeks where it now needs a software reset on a regular basis and loses random recordings. Bit rubbish really, beginning to regret the choice to switch to BT.20180208_064504.jpg

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES
V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 2 of 21

Go to solution

That sounds pretty much like the problem I just had with one of my boxes which was stuck at software version 29.36. I also tried a software reset without much success so in the end I did a factory reset, delete recordings. The box then reset, checked online for new software, downloaded and installed v 29.45 and has been running fine since (fingers crossed)

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @LB2,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with BT TV set top box, if you PM me your landline number or account details I can have a look into the issue for you, thank you.

BT TV ExpertGemma_P
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
LB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

I've been in touch with BT technical support who advised that a software update was stuck as the result of an unstable internet connection. My router connects to a professional netgear gigabit switch into which multiple devices are connected including the BT TV box plus another 20+ devices.

Technical support suggested connecting the TV box directly to the router. Before I tried this I first decided to upgrade the switch firmware and after leaving overnight the software managed to update correctly. What I don't know was whether the switch played any part in this, whether technical support did something or whether it was just coincidence.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @LB2

This issue you are experiencing is something I am actively investigating.

Have you had the issue since changing your internal setup?

BT TV ExpertDarrenW
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
LB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

The software seemed to have updated correctly and has been working okay for a few days. Tonight however it's refusing to play any recorded programmes , giving a YVM607 error regarding content protection. I haven't changed anything in the intervening period and only trying to play recordings from BBC & ITV. No idea if this is related to the original problem or not!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution
0 Ratings
LB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks, a reboot fixed the YVM607.

0 Ratings
LB2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Although I thought the software reboot problem had been fixed it quite clearly has not.

It's continued to be a constant pain since my last post and having just returned from holiday to find nothng had recorded (due to a software reset required) it's the last straw unfortunately Smiley Sad. Totally fed up with it, will be seeking either an exchange for new equipment or ending my contract early and switching to Virgin.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @LB2,

I've done a lot of analysis on UHD boxes from another Forum thread and we have identified the issue and now awaiting the patch in a future software release.

The software release to fix the issue should be within 2 months, so if you can hang on and await the fix that would be great but I understand if you can't.

PM me and we can sort something out for you.

BT TV ExpertDarrenW
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings