cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nighthawkpyro
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Re: The Software Reset Problem

I have had this problem for some time now, the box goes into maintenance mode at least every other day. i have tried a full reset with the option to delete recordings but the problem still persists. Each time a reset is carried out the box never restarts and after turning on I have lost all the subscribed channels, I then have to update the software manually to retrieve my channels. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

@Nighthawkpyro Welcome to the community. I have moved your post into its own thread.

Can you clarify which Youview box you have and roughly how long you have have had it ?

0 Ratings
moatlander
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

I am having the same problem and it has been going on for a few weeks.  Seems like almost every other day I start off with the maintenance screen, go through software reset, the box doesn't restart automatically and I have to start it up manually,  Gone through "Update Software" several times to re-pickup the BT channels.  Sometimes just changing channels will lose the sound completely, so have to restart the box - getting pretty fed up with it.

0 Ratings
Nighthawkpyro
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

It`s a Humax BT item code : 080753

Model Name DTR - T2100/500G/BT/DF

Model code : 91-00438

I think I`ve had it about 2 to 3 years

I`m total hacked of with it, I set the box to record only to see the blue maintenance light on again in the morning.

0 Ratings
topcat1
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

I am having exactly same problems - do you have any answers?
0 Ratings
Nighthawkpyro
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

No answers yet, as soon as I get any will podt them

0 Ratings
topcat1
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

my problems are the same as moatlanders.
0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 18

Hello Everyone,

This is an issue we know about and are currently looking through the data evidence.

We are very keen on fixing the issue and it would greatly help if we had some example Youview boxes that experience this problem so we can test them in our labs.

That being said, I have reached out to moatlander and Nighthawkpyro, to recover their boxes for testing to help provide a fix to any customers affected.

BT TV expertDarren
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
robit
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

I would like to add my problem too.

Almost every time I change channel, the box loses sound and only turning it off and on will get it back. This is very annoying, having to go through "waking" proceedure every time. Maybe I could be added to the list above.

Best regards,

0 Ratings
topcat1
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

My problems with my BT Youview box going into Maintenance mode every couple of days, not having sound, not booting up correctly (flashing/scrambled screen during boot up), etc, are continuing, Expert Darren W was looking into the issue - is there any progress? I'm really frustrated with these continuing difficulties - how long will it be before BT do something about it?

0 Ratings