Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Tv pro top box remote no volume

How do I get my remote to increase volume and turn tv off

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi, @arthurbrown Welcome to the community, thanks for posting. The remote should automatically pair with the BT TV box and programme itself to control your TV. Can you try these steps if that hasn't happened?

1. Press the Home and 9 buttons at the same time
  2. Hold down the buttons until the LED around the BT icon flashes purple three times

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

No that doesn’t work by inform me I have too wait for a new download as my tv is too new bought it February this year.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Is your BT TV Pro box connected directly to your TV with HDMI @arthurbrown ?  If it's connected via any other equipment (e.g. an amp, or switch), it needs to be temporarily connected directly to configure the remote.

Updates to the remote control map are expected to be very infrequent - manufacturers generally use the same codes even for newer models.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I often see advice to wait for three purple flashes.  It would be helpful to know if this means it might flash other colours - if it is just purple that is possible, there is no need to mention the colour.  I'm colour blind so what most readers here  call purple appears to me to be blue.  My TV remote is even worse - it has 4 colour buttons which, apart from blue, are all the same.

The problem has been recognised in the new cable colours: blue is neutral, earth is striped and live is the other one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

My tv and top box are connected by HDMI so do I have to reset everything, I can’t remember seeing anything about sync my remote on setup
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

If your TV and BT TV box are connected directly via HDMI and they were when you followed @NeilO 's instructions, then I'm afraid there's nothing further that can be done - your TV cannot be controlled with the BT TV Pro Box remote. You'll need to continue using your TV remote.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

That is not what I was told on my order enquirers and also you instructions refer to the tv box controlling your tv, without any reference to your tv ,model or age don’t is advertising and selling a product that is not as advertised.